Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: stories of hope

1. Regular Member

Smile stories of hope

Advertisements
    Tell me your stories of hope! I want to hear about people who have made it through tough times in their relationships and come out the other end- happier for it.
  2. Senior Member
    Well when DH and I were just dating, we were in college... but were dumb and dropped out [I did because I couldnt afford to pay for it and he did because I did & he was failing] WELL my sister who had a drug problem was also staying with my mum and someone stole a whole bunch of stuff and they kicked me and my sister out so it would be fair [WTF] since they didnt have PROOF who stole the stuff. [She feels bad about it now that she knows it WAS her] So since DH quit school his mum wouldnt let me stay there and I wasnt talking to my dad at the time, we had NO money [could barely afford to eat] Some days we couldnt eat, we went to a soup kitchen ALOT. And we lived in our car for about 2 months. He didnt HAVE to, but I did and he stayed with me. Having gas to keep our mobile home rolling was the hardest part. We usually parked at the local cemetary or Walmart. Also we would have to go to walmart and gas stations to pick dimes and nickels people dropped so we can have gas money, just to keep the car warm and to get me to work. We tried welfare but for some reason we were not eligible [WTF] They said I can go to a woman's shelter if I was homeless, so they cant help me. I ended up getting a job [nobody would hire DH] and we started saving money. I ended up talking to my dad again cause it was almost winter and I REALLY needed somewhere to stay, and he let me stay... it just wasnt pleasant. But whatever. We got through it. It made us stronger.

3. Regular Member
    YAY!!! OMG that is AMAZING!!!!!