Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: complicated

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

complicated

Advertisements
    After having broke up a few weeks ago. I'm guessing DB and I are back together. We hung out over Thanksgiving break before he had to go back to school. We were messing around last night and he told me he loved me. Which is what I thought I wanted, but I still feel empty on the inside
    He's such a great guy...but I feel like shit because no matter what (with any guy) I feel something is missing. I feel like I'll never fully appreciate what anyone has to offer.
    I said it back because I really do care about him and feel strongly for him, I guess I thought I would feel fulfilled after :/
  2. Switzerland
    Switzerland
    Hon dont take this the wrong way but maybe you need some time single to find yourself. You shouldn't need a guy to feel fulfilled.

Just all this sounds to me like you want your self vindication through your relationships and that is not really how it works. KWIM? Good luck OP sorry you aren't feeling as well as you had hoped.
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Not so much self vindication (I totally hear ya tho).
    It's more I guess from the relationship standpoint of it, like I would have that warm fuzzy"awwwwww" feeling, but I feel neutral about it :/
  4. If it should, it will come around again.
    If it should, it will come around again.

(ex)DB comes home next week for a few days...I hope I'm strong enough to get through it if he comes over!! I'll be in the same boat as you pretty soon!! But I think (ex)DB will have to try really hard to win me back...not holding my breath though!
    So you say
    The present's just a pleasant
    Interruption to the past
  5. Mermaids4Lyfe, YO!
    Mermaids4Lyfe, YO!

Have you thought about counseling? It seems like no matter if you are single or with a guy you feel empty.

It's a thought.

Maybe talk to the DB and tell him how you feel.
  6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I think part of my deal is how I felt with my ex, so there's that little piece missing with DB now. So it's interesting to think about that because I hate comparing, because they are two completely different people. I just don't know what little piece it is.
  7. Switzerland
    Switzerland
    Quote Originally Posted by wsubecca View Post
    Not so much self vindication (I totally hear ya tho).
    It's more I guess from the relationship standpoint of it, like I would have that warm fuzzy"awwwwww" feeling, but I feel neutral about it :/
    Well if this is the case, then maybe you havent met the right person and don't love him or any of your past exs. I know when DB first told me he loved me I was on cloud 9 for weeks and I still get butterflies hearing him say it almost 6months later.

Or like I mentioned self evaluation, or like Mrs. Wendy said, counseling or talking to your DB.
  8. Mermaids4Lyfe, YO!
    Mermaids4Lyfe, YO!

I think you need to talk to someone. Either the DB or a counselor or a good friend. You need to figure out why you feel like this.
  9. Senior Member
    Don't take this the wrong way, but are you depressed...diagnosed or otherwise? Sounds like you may be kind of down in the dumps regardless of what's going on in your life.

How are other areas of your life going? Do the things that normally make you happy still make you happy?
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Blog Entries

I dont think you should be telling him that you love him if you dont....

I think you might have this whole fairytale thought about love. its not always puppys and cupcakes.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast