Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: roommates may be breaking up...

1. Senior Member

Shocked roommates may be breaking up...

Advertisements
    RM and her DH are really going at it with each other. They've been fighting so much that he's stright up not even wearing his ring anymore and they're not on speaking tearms.

Of course this has started pushing its way into DB and my relationship. I'm best friends with RM and DB is best friend with her DH. We try to not let it effect us to much, but of course its gonna. We all live together, and we all have to live with the stress and the fights. So DB dropped this bomb on me today...

Because we're watching another relationship fall apart that was supposed to be so strong, he wants to put off getting engaged for a while longer. It hurst like hell to hear that cause of some other stuff he says (he doesn't want "another mistake" like his ex, and that "the army will always be first" in his life... stuff like that) so this is ugh... painful for all 4 of us living here i just don't know what to do
    A second chance at happiy ever after
  2. Banned
    Banned
    Me: Southern California Him: stationed in Okinawa, deployed to Phillippines
    You can't base your relationship on someone elses though. It's hard seeing good friends break up. I hope they will work through it.
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kalibug View Post
    You can't base your relationship on someone elses though. It's hard seeing good friends break up. I hope they will work through it.
    its not based off theirs at all... its just the stress of seeing friends break up just as he and i were gonna take the next step is so hard and stupid

i love him so much and i know he loves me, but its just kinda put us on hold so we can try to help our friends and not "rush" anything.
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Blog Entries

5. Senior Member

What is the rush really?

How long have you guys been together?
  6. Señor Member
    Señor Member
    DH was spooked by all his friend's marital troubles while he was deployed when it came to us getting married as well, so I would say it's pretty normal for a guy to react that way after something like what's going on happens. Personally, I wouldn't let it get to me, and I wouldn't let him know how much it's affecting me so much as it would be a put off to him. Yes it sucks that you have to wait that much longer (or not, he may just be reacting out of shock) but ultimately, in ten years it is going to matter when he proposed?

be cool.
  7. Senior Member
    i'm not saying theres any rush, its just going from getting all excited to "oh my god it could be any min" to "it probably won't happen for a long while now" its just a change from everything.
  8. WIFEY
    WIFEY
    Blog Entries
    I'm sorry hun! Thats a bummer to get all excited and now it changes!
    But maybe it is just the shock of the situation! who knows. Maybe with the wedding coming up jordan and john will get together ad talk. Then maybeyou can get excited again!!!! lol
    love you. always here for you!!!