Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mysterious suspiciousness....

1. Senior Member

Suspicious Mysterious suspiciousness....*More suspiciousness*

Advertisements
    *UPDATE*

I was talking to DF last night, and he was acting REALLY . He said he had an "outstanding couple of days" and I could tell from his voice he had this idiot grin on his face. When I asked him why, he said, "It's none of your business missy". He finally told me he's been "working on" my surprise a lot lately and that it's "coming together very nicely".

*End update*

First of all, I went down to Georgia to visit (unofficial) DF this past weekend. I gave him that journal-book I had been making for him (Journal Gift Idea) and he LOVED it. When I was at the airport waiting for my flight home, he texted me and said he couldn't close it he loved it so much. He said his friends looked through it and told him I put too much time and effort into him.

As some of you may know, he has been planning a "mind-blowing" surprise for me since he was in basic...(Reference: Soooo curious and excited!!).

Let me just explain that DF is infamous for telling me one thing and doing something completely different to take me by surprise. For example: Saturday morning I was having breakfast in the hotel lobby area, and texted him asking if he knew when he was going to be released for the day. He said it would be an hour or two because the barracks weren't tidy enough...a few minutes later, he walked through the hotel door. So, he does that. A LOT.

Anywho...so we went to the mall to wander around, and the Augusta Mall happens to be dripping with jewelry stores. He casually pulls me over to the displays and was asking which ring design I liked best. He did this multiple times, and kept pointing out rings that were a simple band with one diamond (GORGEOUS) and saying "Isn't that one pretty?"

He says I'll be getting this surprise when he is home for Christmas.

I am totally convinced he is going to officially propose to me at Christmas, even though he said it would be a year or so before he would. I know DF, and this is totally something he would do because he's planned these kinds of surprises before.

Last edited by foreverandalways; 11-12-2010 at 06:25 AM.
  2. Senior Member

he does sound very He's trying to be sneaky, it's cute
  3. Finally a Pharmacist and Wife to a Civilian!!
    Finally a Pharmacist and Wife to a Civilian!!
    OP: I would be super suspicious too. DB always tells me that it WILL be his way and it WILL be a surprise so who knows what they have up their sleeve .

Quote Originally Posted by OneHappyMama View Post

he does sound very He's trying to be sneaky, it's cute

Did you change your username? Or have I lost my darn mind again.

There is no medicine like hope, no incentive so great, and no tonic so powerful
    as expectation of something better tomorrow.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    Tigger_pink is my MSOS wifey JoJoBannana is my twin
  4. The name says it all!
    The name says it all!

Guys are so cute when they're trying to be sneaky. . .

DH: Thank you. ME: For what, babe? DH: For being you.

5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by blondiebabe View Post

it's still me! you aren't crazy...

thread jack over!

6. Senior Member

I was wondering that too, but then I saw her siggy and recognized her.

Quote Originally Posted by StormyGoddess View Post
    Guys are so cute when they're trying to be sneaky. . .
    I think it's totally adorable.
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Blog Entries
    OP: I would be super suspicious too. DB always tells me that it WILL be his way and it WILL be a surprise so who knows what they have up their sleeve .

NAME CHANGE ALERT! for jewel status!

Quote Originally Posted by foreverandalways View Post
    First of all, I went down to Georgia to visit (unofficial) DF this past weekend. I gave him that journal-book I had been making for him (Journal Gift Idea) and he LOVED it. When I was at the airport waiting for my flight home, he texted me and said he couldn't close it he loved it so much. He said his friends looked through it and told him I put too much time and effort into him.

As some of you may know, he has been planning a "mind-blowing" surprise for me since he was in basic...(Reference: Soooo curious and excited!!).

Let me just explain that DF is infamous for telling me one thing and doing something completely different to take me by surprise. For example: Saturday morning I was having breakfast in the hotel lobby area, and texted him asking if he knew when he was going to be released for the day. He said it would be an hour or two because the barracks weren't tidy enough...a few minutes later, he walked through the hotel door. So, he does that. A LOT.

Anywho...so we went to the mall to wander around, and the Augusta Mall happens to be dripping with jewelry stores. He casually pulls me over to the displays and was asking which ring design I liked best. He did this multiple times, and kept pointing out rings that were a simple band with one diamond (GORGEOUS) and saying "Isn't that one pretty?"

He says I'll be getting this surprise when he is home for Christmas.

I am totally convinced he is going to officially propose to me at Christmas, even though he said it would be a year or so before he would. I know DF, and this is totally something he would do because he's planned these kinds of surprises before.

but so cute! Can't wait to possibly hear an engagement story and see a pic!

8. Regular Member
    So exciting! Didn't he say it had nothing to do with a ring He's a sneaky one!!
  9. Senior Member
    DH did the same thing right before he proposed! He kept asking if I liked this one certain kind of stone/setting as if he had already bought it

But it does sound to me like you are soon to be *officially* engaged!
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jillybean88 View Post
    So exciting! Didn't he say it had nothing to do with a ring He's a sneaky one!!
    But given the way he has surprised me in the past, this is a common method he uses.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsB View Post
    DH did the same thing right before he proposed! He kept asking if I liked this one certain kind of stone/setting as if he had already bought it

But it does sound to me like you are soon to be *officially* engaged!
    Yeah he kept referring back to this one specific kind of ring, like he was planning on getting that kind. I don't think he's actually gotten it yet because he said there was something he still needed to "get" for my surprise, and that he wouldn't be able to "prepare" it to give to me until Christmas.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast