Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 17 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: unsure how to approach this

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

unsure how to approach this

Advertisements
    I was looking at rings yesterday online because i wanted to find the best wedding ring and then i found the ring i have for our engagement isnt even really a engagement ring and i dont want to be greedy and ask for another one because then i feel like its rude because i do like the one i have i just want everything to perfect with him because he is going to be my one and only and he already is so perfect to me..And i have told him i want it perfect and i dont want to be greedy by asking for another ring...but i just dont know what to do?
  2. Junior Member
    love isnt perfect. If you are really hung up on having the "perfect" engagement ring why not wait till your 5th or 10th wedding aniversary and upgrade your set then? IMO, he gave you the ring as an engagement ring, just because it isnt labeled as one online doesnt mean its NOT an engagement ring.
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Blog Entries
    are you serious? just because it isn't listed as an engagement ring doesn't mean, IMO, that it can't be used as one. Don't ask for a new one. That's kind of rude and may not be taken well.

4. It is what it is....
    It is what it is....
    Quote Originally Posted by BILYs_special View Post
    are you serious? just because it isn't listed as an engagement ring doesn't mean, IMO, that it can't be used as one. Don't ask for a new one. That's kind of rude and may not be taken well.

100% agree. Not to sound dumb, but how would anyone else know anyway....I doubt people are going to google your ring to see if its listed as an "engagement" ring. The fact is you have a guy that loves you enough to want to spend the rest of his life with you....."engagement" ring or not, that's pretty cool.
  5. Banned
    Banned
    Me: Southern California Him: stationed in Okinawa, deployed to Phillippines
    You got a ring...he popped the question...that makes it an engagement ring. At least that's the way I see it. Hell, DF could have popped the question with a ring pop and I would consider it as my engagement ring. Who cares what some silly online site says?
  6. Senior Member
    haha i'm just thinking outloud here... but if my DB gave me a ring from a cracker box and proposed with it I'd be thrilled speachless.
    its not the ring that matters in the end, its the fact that your man got down on one knee and asked for your hand
    A second chance at happiy ever after
  7. Finally a Pharmacist and Wife to a Civilian!!
    Finally a Pharmacist and Wife to a Civilian!!

And this isn't meant to be rude, but just because something isn't "labeled" as an engagement ring doesn't mean anything. Remember. An engagement ring is about the promise of a wedding. It's the promise of that lifelong commitment. And if the title of the ring is a significant factor in that promise, and not the emotional aspect that comes along with it, then you may want to evaluate the values that you are basing the future on.
    There is no medicine like hope, no incentive so great, and no tonic so powerful
    as expectation of something better tomorrow.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    Tigger_pink is my MSOS wifey JoJoBannana is my twin
  8. Mmhmm.
    Mmhmm.
    I think it's horribly selfish to even give a damn that it's not categorized an "engagement ring" to this jewelers website.

It's not about the stinkin ring, it's about the love. it's about the commitment.
  9. The Decider
    The Decider
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by blondiebabe View Post

And this isn't meant to be rude, but just because something isn't "labeled" as an engagement ring doesn't mean anything. Remember. An engagement ring is about the promise of a wedding. It's the promise of that lifelong commitment. And if the title of the ring is a significant factor in that promise, and not the emotional aspect that comes along with it, then you may want to evaluate the values that you are basing the future on.
    Quote Originally Posted by wcchick712 View Post
    I think it's horribly selfish to even give a damn that it's not categorized an "engagement ring" to this jewelers website.

It's not about the stinkin ring, it's about the love. it's about the commitment.
    I agree with all of these ladies. It boggles my mind that you would even consider asking for another ring. That is incredibly selfish.
    Next time you shop on Amazon, click through this link to help an amazing veterans' organization!

My 101 blog
    The Arizona Oenophile. Wine snobbery!

Lovin' up on WiggleWiggle~ since 04.06.2011!
  10. Banned
    Banned
    Me: Southern California Him: stationed in Okinawa, deployed to Phillippines
    Also, can you imagine how hurt he'd be? Put himself in his shoes. He picks out a nice ring that he likes for you thinking you would like it too, and asks you to marry him. There is NO good way to approach "umm...I just saw online that the ring you gave me is TECHNICALLY not labeled as an engagement ring. Can you buy me another please that's actually listed as an engagement ring?" he'd be heartbroken, I'm sure of it, and I don't even know the guy!
Page 1 of 17 123411 ... LastLast