Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's hear it!

1. Senior Member

Let's hear it!

Advertisements
    I wanna hear everyone's stories on how you met your SO or first date stories or anything along those lines

DB and I met at work. We didn't talk that much at work but one day I stumbled across his facebook and decided to add him. Well right after he accepted my request he facebook chatted me and we exchanged numbers and began talking a lot more through texting and at work. We finally hung out and went bowling and we have been inseparable ever since. (well except right now since he's at bootcamp )

Your turn!
  2. Senior Member
    I've known my dh sense I was a freshman in high school . I wasnt allowed to go on dates until I was 16 though so any time we spent together before then was always supervised . I believe our first "official" date was on my 16th birthday, but that was a long time ago so I honestly dont remember what we did .
  3. Can Anybody Find Me, Somebody To Love
    Can Anybody Find Me, Somebody To Love
    DF and i have been together since high school
    He and i were introduced by a mutual friend but didnt really talk after that.
    It wasn't until we had gym class together that we actually talked. The reason we started talking in that class was because he was kind of the loner and i felt the need to get him to talk. And then i couldnt gget him to shut up
    We fell in love in gym class, it was actually were we had our first kiss
    When we were both hiding from the teacher so we wouldnt have to ice skate

Married to my Msos Wifey Hoots since 9-24-2010

4. Senior Member
    Mine is kinda long...but....We mett at our church I walked up to him and introduced myself and he sat next to me that night.well after church we sat around and talked for like 2 hours at least. when he went to leave that night he huged me we exchanged numbers and he called me that night two weeks later we went out on our first date and we have been together ever since.
  5. life is like a box of chocolates...
    life is like a box of chocolates...
    my DB is the brother of one of my best friends, so i've know him since i was 15. we reconnected back in february and sparks flew. he is deployed so our first date was went he came to spend a week of his r&r with me back in may.
    if you can find a path with no obstacles, then it probably doesn't lead anywhere....

i love me some RED HOT!!

vice president of ILLCARDC
  6. Regular Member
    He had messaged me on myspace and it was when Myspace was just starting to get big so I had a profile, but never looked at it. He gave up thinking I just ignored him. Well, his sister was (hard to explain what they were, but we will say friends) "friends" with a guy friend of mine that I worked with. DH would bring her down to the store to see him and hang out and I was there, but he wouldn't say anything. Then one day he came in to cash his check at the back inside the store and went through my line just to buy gum. He doesn't chew gum BTW. He handed me his money and when he did he held my hand. I gave him back his change and blew the whole thing off thinking it was a mistake. Then, I went back on my profile, because a friend at work nagged me to, and I seen this message and replied. After that we started talking and eventually met up at my house to watch movies and have lunch. I wasn't into a relationship at the time, but he told me flat out "I love you, and I will wait an eternity for you if I need to." I'm a sucker for romance. So, I fell and fell hard.
  7. Senior Member
    DB and I were matched on a dating site (not that exciting I know, ) but the day we met in person/our first date started out kind of funny.

He drove from NC to MS and we were going to meet at my favorite Chinese restaurant. We were both so nervous and anxious and kept texting each other how excited we both were to finally meet. He sent me a text telling me he was at the restaurant and just as I replied, I tried to start my car. It didn't start. I tried and tried and started freaking out! We wanted to meet in a public place to be safe and here I was stuck on campus! All the anxiety took hold and I just started to cry. I called him telling him my car wouldn't start and he was like "You're kidding me. Really? Give me directions to campus." I popped my trunk and got my jumper cables and everything and saw him when he pulled up. I'll never forget the moment he took his sunglasses off and I saw his kind, beautiful blue eyes smiling at me in my pathetic state. He tried and tried to get my car to start, but it just wouldn't. Eventually he gave up and we just went to the restaurant together.

Later on I told him that even though he couldn't get my car to start, he started something else. Cheesy I know!
  8. Senior Member
    DH & I first met when I was in Jr High and he was a freshman-- we met through a mutual friend, began talking & eventually dated for a little while...but I broke up with him cause he was too nice ... we lost contact for a few years, then in 2008 he randomly messaged me on myspace & we started talking, exchanged numbers, caught up ... he came home for leave and we spent the entire time together and have been together since

9. Banned
    Banned
    I was living at home in FL, DH who is originally from MN was stationed here in SD (San Diego) already. We both had hit some bumps with relationships and somehow, I have NO clue because I didn't know him before, we met on MYSPACE. After talking on there for a bit, we moved to Gmail IM, then on to sharing pictures and that was all within one month. 2 months later we met in person. So met online in June 2006, met in person in Aug 2006. He flew to FL to meet me, and we spent one amazing weekend together. 2 months after that in October 2006 I flew to SD and we got married. Yup only after spending one weekend together. 4 years later we have survived 2 deployments, and have a beautiful little 4 month old baby girl and still happily married
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Keirasmama10 View Post
    I was living at home in FL, DH who is originally from MN was stationed here in SD (San Diego) already. We both had hit some bumps with relationships and somehow, I have NO clue because I didn't know him before, we met on MYSPACE. After talking on there for a bit, we moved to Gmail IM, then on to sharing pictures and that was all within one month. 2 months later we met in person. So met online in June 2006, met in person in Aug 2006. He flew to FL to meet me, and we spent one amazing weekend together. 2 months after that in October 2006 I flew to SD and we got married. Yup only after spending one weekend together. 4 years later we have survived 2 deployments, and have a beautiful little 4 month old baby girl and still happily married
    Amazing!
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast