Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Guess im a Little Mushy

1. Senior Member

Guess im a Little Mushy

Advertisements
    So, DB is in Cali doing pre-deployment training. hes due home soon but soon isnt soon enough! I was watching "Say Yes to the Dress" the other day and i had my first realization of his deployment. One of the girls on the show was obviously looking for a wedding dress. She way telling the camera how her fiance was deployed in Iraq. The SECOND she said that i have no clue what came over me but i cried for literally an hour. I was just a mess! Even now i dont know what came over me but i couldnt even speak! It was hard being so upset over some show and a woman i didnt even know. I couldnt call him and i just kept crying knowing i couldnt talk to him til he called me. ( i didnt tell him about this cuz i didnt want him to get upset or distracted during his training) I rarely cry but ive been a mess since he left and a feel like such a loser. I looked at a guy in the grocery store who i watched get into an Infiniti, which is what DB drives and i cried cause he has blonde hair like DB and the same Make of the car! I cried when i smelled a coworker who wears the same cologne as him.. RANDOM things just make me so sad...Are these random cry session normal? Ive never been like this, but ive also never dealt with a deployment before...
  2. be silly. be honest. be kind.
    be silly. be honest. be kind.
    I never had random cry sessions, actually I shoved all the bad feelings away and then was a zombie for the first month that DB was deployed, talk about healthy...
    Everybody deals with emotions differently, and it's good that you're letting yourself feel yours. I'm sorry you've been feeling so down lately Keep your head up! Let me know if you need anything

"The purpose of life is not to simply be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well."
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson

3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Girl I know exactly how you feel. I had that same experience watching Detroit 1-8-7 when one of the cops mentioned that his brother had been killed by an IED in Iraq. It's not even real!!! And I just started sobbing hysterically.

You'll make it!!

I'm Baaaaaaaack
  4. Senior Member
    Don't feel bad, I cry over everything when df is gone. I never used to cry at movies ever, until the last couple years I could count the number of times in my life on the fingers of one hand now I can't remember why but I even cried during Monsters Vs. Aliens.
    No more damn ticker, he's home!
  5. Senior Member
    Well glad im not the only one! I am the cry queen right now but i sure hope it gets better! thanks!
  6. I'm still Jennie from the block....
    I'm still Jennie from the block....

OMG I did that when I made the mistake of surviving the cut! The episode I watched wasn't even about what he does! LOL But they were Green Beret like he is (i can say that right?) & so I think that's what got me.

7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Blog Entries
    I am a bucket of tears all the time! Before this deployment, I was the girl who cried less than once a month, and now I cry closer to weekly at the strangest things!

8. Senior Member
    yea i cry like every day. I always cry when we get off the phone, even though he asks me not to have any "shelly sessions" (they arent even cry sessions any more!) lol its over the most randon things too, like a bike... We dont even ride bikes together! lol i cried like CRAZY watching Black Hawk Down!
  9. Regular Member
    i saw that same episode, and immediately started bawling! i used to cry every day when my SO first left for basic, but then over those 10 weeks, and 4 months of ait, the crying cut down a lot. but there's still those moments that i see something that reminds me of him or being in a military relationship, and i just completely break down!