Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: engagment hints

1. Senior Member

engagment hints

Advertisements
    Did any of you guys notice anything different about his behavior right before he proposed?
    My SO has been kinda saying weird things etc like asking which one is my ring finger for example. . and other random stuff about what songs i wanted for a first dance & how a wedding at a certain place would be nice. . but all like some how neatly worked into conversations so idk what to think about it. . maybe just conversation?
  2. Senior Member
    I don't think that is just "conversation" stuff. Most guys if they are serious about that kind of thing with you, they talk about it. If they aren't, they don't talk about it. DB and I have been talking about that kind of stuff and he even asked me to send him ideas of what kind of ring I would like. I'm just waiting... haha.

Also, my mom told me that a few weeks before my dad proposed, he started asking her similar questions. He even asked her how many kids she wanted to have! I would take it as a good thing and I'll be sending positive vibes your way!
  3. Switzerland
    Switzerland
    It could just be conversation. My DB and I have talked about all of that but I know for a fact we arent getting engaged any time soon because we want to live together first.
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by misskrissyo View Post
    It could just be conversation. My DB and I have talked about all of that but I know for a fact we arent getting engaged any time soon because we want to live together first.
    That could be true.
  5. Senior Member
    Your guy is definitely serious. My DB talks about the "conversation stuff" quite a lot. And I know that he is serious. Normally when guys talk like that, it's because they are talking about being super serious with you. Definitely don't take it as just a little chat. He's definitely meaning comitment for a lifetime.
  6. Senior Member
    yay im glad you guys think so! He's deploying soon so maybe he's tryin to figure out things before that. . I know I already thought to myself he's definately worth waiting a year for I so want him in my life for as far as i can see.
  7. Junior Member
    I had an idea. It wasn't anything he said but he wanted to take a trip once I flew up there to see him. He nevers does that so I knew something might be up. We didn't talk about it a whole lot. He picked out my ring and everything. I knew it was going to happen I just didn't know when it would be.
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by panamaican View Post
    Your guy is definitely serious. My DB talks about the "conversation stuff" quite a lot. And I know that he is serious. Normally when guys talk like that, it's because they are talking about being super serious with you. Definitely don't take it as just a little chat. He's definitely meaning comitment for a lifetime.
    I wouldn't get that set on it.

He may propose, but he might not. Not trying to be negative, you just don't want to get disappointed.
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Irisheyes36 View Post
    Did any of you guys notice anything different about his behavior right before he proposed?
    My SO has been kinda saying weird things etc like asking which one is my ring finger for example. . and other random stuff about what songs i wanted for a first dance & how a wedding at a certain place would be nice. . but all like some how neatly worked into conversations so idk what to think about it. . maybe just conversation?
    He doesn't know which finger is your ring finger?
    HAHAHA my DH was a jerk right before he popped the question...... but it sounds like you might be hearing wedding bells soon........
    Caitlin
    Missin you is my hobby, caring for you is my job, making you happy is my duty and loving you is my life
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast