Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: His birthday

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

His birthday

Advertisements
    Last edited by auchick; 09-30-2010 at 10:24 PM.
  2. Senior Member
    I wouldnt send him any pictures or anything. . . I know you dont want to push him away but he shouldnt be getting any good pictures of you if he cant even tell you straight out that he just needs a lil space or something. . . you dont just stop talking to someone like that. If you've already tried to contact him and still nothing i would give him his nothing back. . . have you sent him a straight message just saying listen if you want space thats fine but just tell me straight out why you stopped talking to me atleast do that please etc.
  3. Senior Member
    If you do want to send him anything, I'd keep it at a simple card.
  4. Today was a Fairytale
    Today was a Fairytale
    Quote Originally Posted by HisGirl2010 View Post
    If you do want to send him anything, I'd keep it at a simple card.

A simple e-card would be fine. I would not be sending him any kind of pictures.

It lets him know you still care and everything but its not too much and before sending him pictures, I would want to know what is going on.

If you havent already I would send him one email asking for an explanation and leave it as that.
  5. wherever i am, you'll always be.
    wherever i am, you'll always be.
    Quote Originally Posted by lillie View Post

A simple e-card would be fine. I would not be sending him any kind of pictures.

It lets him know you still care and everything but its not too much and before sending him pictures, I would want to know what is going on.

If you havent already I would send him one email asking for an explanation and leave it as that.
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by auchick View Post
    Hi ladies

I am so sorry to keep posting about this topic but I am trying to gather as many opinions as possible.

Long story short, deployed SO is avoiding me. The last communication was 2.5 wks ago when he sent me a text for my birthday. I've tried several times to contact him via different methods since then with no response, but he's been on facebook several times so I know he's OK and able to respond if he wanted.

I'm not sure if this is his way of ending things with me, or if I did something to make him mad, or if perhaps he is depressed/overwhelmed/stressed with things going on over there, all of the above, or none of the above. It really would be nice to have some explanation from him... For various reasons, my gut tells me he is overwhelmed/stressed out.. Plus it doesn't really make sense of him to wish me a happy birthday and then fall off the face of the earth like this IMO. I just feel like something else has happened and he isn't able to talk to me about it, but this is all just speculation on my part.

Anyway, his birthday is coming up soon and I just don't know what to do. Obviously he wants space and I don't want to push him away any further. But I don't want to push him away by *not* doing anything either, if that makes sense. I was thinking of doing an ecard with a link to G-rated photos of me. What do yall think? Do you think that would that be overdoing it??? Sigh... it's so hard trying to read his mind when he's on the other side of the planet!!
    First off communication could be down. I have gone long periods of time without any contact because of sands storms ect ect. Just send him a card with a nice letter in it. Keep that line of communication open. Hope you here from him soon
  7. Regular Member
    i like the idea of a card.. you could always hint to him about it and see what he thinks..
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Blog Entries
    where did the post go? Glad someone quoted you....I would just send a cute card, pics if you want, but they are optional. A good way to let him know you are still there for him in case it is simply that communication is down and not your fear that you guys are "done".