Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: When to get married

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Suspicious When to get married

Advertisements
    Okay ladies, I wanna know you HONEST opinion(sp) and Im sure this is a touchy subject but I wanna know your thoughts!

Id like to know what everyone thinks about couples who get married right before deployment. From what i've heard some think this is the norm for military relationships, while other call these girls "tag chasers"

Id just like to know what you think! (FYI please dont take this to heart, its nothing I wanna know for personal use, just curious)
  2. OG Member
    OG Member
    Blog Entries
    I think if you've been talking about marriage and you get married before deployment because it's something you both want then go for it...I don't quite understand how someone could call a girl a tag-chaser because she married someone before he got deployed?

3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by April Lynne View Post
    I think if you've been talking about marriage and you get married before deployment because it's something you both want then go for it...I don't quite understand how someone could call a girl a tag-chaser because she married someone before he got deployed?
    Yeah, I'm not understanding that either. But, you get married when you feel you're ready. If getting married right before your guy deploys is important to you both, than do so. There is no set time limit or barometer.
  4. Senior Member
    As long as you're both ready for marriage, it is what it is. I think that there should be a lot of talk before walking down the aisle, so it shouldn't be a "what should we do today? How about we get married?!" kind of thing. But, as long as it's discussed and not jumped into, then...whatever makes you happy.
    I misskrissyo 'cause we have a bangin' good time...emphasis on the bangin'.
    Miss[Pregg]O is my twinie!
    TatooBot! is my lesbian partner.

My Blog Updated:Usually weekly, because I forget to update when I updated.
  5. eres el amor de mi vida <33
    eres el amor de mi vida <33
    For dh and I our original date would have been while he was deployed so we just decided to go get married in Vegas 3 weeks after we found out he was deploying next month. I think for us since we were already planning to get married and moved the date it wasn't a big deal. It's a personal choice and I don't judge anyone for their choice in the matter.

If I have any typos it's because I'm posting from my phone.
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by April Lynne View Post
    ahh, I come from a small, very narrow minded town. A few girls that I know who have done this got "labeled" as a "tag-chaser" I dont agree with it at all! I just wanted other opinions of girls who have a better sense of the military lifestyle.
  7. Banned
    Banned
    well, my fiancee and i discussed the pros and cons of this. and in the end, i just felt more comfortable holding off. its not a sign that i dont love him at all! its more out of respect for my parents. i'm only getting married once, so if i'm gonna do this, im going to do it right. my parents would be so incredibly let down if i ran off and had an intimate little thing. im their first daughter, and by tradition, it's in their hands to throw my wedding. i couldnt take that away from them.

aside from my parents, my fiancee and i also discussed the benefits of it all. had we gotten married before he left, he would be racking up a lot of money for us to start our lives with once he gets back home. but i just didnt feel comfortable. not that i think we're going to struggle financially, but i just feel way better knowing we're doing this for the right reasons, and not for the benefits.

i think thats what that term "tag chaser" means. its just a way to scam the system, and take advantage of uncle sam. but, either way.... theres just no way i could ever be one of those chicks who marries for money or whatever. eff that. my fiancee's the most amazing human being i've ever met. and im honored to become his wife, in due time .
  8. OG Member
    OG Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzybee View Post
    ahh, I come from a small, very narrow minded town. A few girls that I know who have done this got "labeled" as a "tag-chaser" I dont agree with it at all! I just wanted other opinions of girls who have a better sense of the military lifestyle.
    Well my definition of a tag-chaser is a girl/guy who ONLY dates military personnel, they basically fall all over themselves for someone wearing dogtags. If you're dating someone in the military and you decide to walk down the isle before they leave your for 12-15months then I think you're just donig what you feel is best for you.

Just an FYI, I DETEST tag-chasers, especially given my recent encounter with the one who was having with my exDB while we were still together.

9. Am
    You get married when you're both ready. If that happens to be before a deployment, so be it. If you've never been through one, I would suggest waiting until afterward as it often changes you both. Deployments are good relationship testers.
  10. Formerly BooBoo_Bear
    Formerly BooBoo_Bear
    I don't think marrying him before he deploys qualifies you as a tag chaser if you two are really in love and have been discussing marriage either way. If the ONLY reason you're marrying him is benefits, that's shitty tag chasing. If you're marrying him out of love, and one of the perks to marriage before deployment is benefits, then so be it. Don't worry what other people think, if you two want to get married, get married!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast