Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: He asked to be exclusive *Update in Post #27*

1. OG Member
    OG Member
    Blog Entries

Help He asked to be exclusive *Update in Post #27*

Advertisements
    Ok so A. asked me for us to be exclusive, he was really sweet about it too! When we left the house to go to the movies he asked, "So, are you still dating that other guy?" I said no (because he was referring to J. ) and then he asked, "Well are you seeing anyone else?". Of course, being the smartass that I am, my reply was what difference does it make? He said, "You see, I like you a lot and as much as I know you need some space right now and don't want titles involved I can't stand the thought of possibly losing you to some other guy. So my proposal is that we're exclusive."

I didn't even know what to say...I like him! We've been out 3 times in the last 4 days. I've talked to him every night for hours the last month or so (since I broke up with exDB). I can't keep the smile off of my face when I'm with him or talking to him. He hasn't pressured me for but he's shown that he's interested in me physically in a polite manner....I'm torn!

I told him that I'd have to consider whether or not I'm ready for a commitment, and he was VERY understanding but I also told him that as of right now I'm not seeing anyone else and I don't really feel the need too. Should I just take the leap and say we're exclusive? Wouldn't that mean that we're a couple?

I need opinions here girls!
    Last edited by April Lynne; 09-29-2010 at 05:49 PM. Reason: clarity

2. Senior Member
    I'm glad you've found someone that makes you so happy makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside I would say take it slow. you've been hurt recently and I totally understand not wanting to jump right in. It sounds like he understands that too which is awesome.
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Blog Entries
    sounds to me like you want to be exclusive. That was such a cute way to ask! Let me know what you decide.

I would definitely take it slow tho, a man who is willing to wait for you to be ready is a keeper!

4. life is like a box of chocolates...
    life is like a box of chocolates...
    Quote Originally Posted by marine.gf View Post
    I'm glad you've found someone that makes you so happy makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside I would say take it slow. you've been hurt recently and I totally understand not wanting to jump right in. It sounds like he understands that too which is awesome.
    and i'm so glad he seems to be a really good guy so far. i'm glad he brings a smile to your face!!
    if you can find a path with no obstacles, then it probably doesn't lead anywhere....

i love me some RED HOT!!

vice president of ILLCARDC
  5. OG Member
    OG Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BILYs_special View Post
    sounds to me like you want to be exclusive. That was such a cute way to ask! Let me know what you decide.

I would definitely take it slow tho, a man who is willing to wait for you to be ready is a keeper!
    Yeah he's been so great about all of this, he knows the bare essentials about exDB and I and he knows that I was really hurt so he's totally willing to take things slow. I feel like I want to be exclusive honestly but I don't want him to be a rebound...when does it become not a rebound?

6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by April Lynne View Post
    Yeah he's been so great about all of this, he knows the bare essentials about exDB and I and he knows that I was really hurt so he's totally willing to take things slow. I feel like I want to be exclusive honestly but I don't want him to be a rebound...when does it become not a rebound?
    When you decide its not? I think if you want to be exclusive, go for it.
    I misskrissyo 'cause we have a bangin' good time...emphasis on the bangin'.
    Miss[Pregg]O is my twinie!
    TatooBot! is my lesbian partner.

My Blog Updated:Usually weekly, because I forget to update when I updated.
  7. I'm still Jennie from the block....
    I'm still Jennie from the block....

Sounds to be like he has gotten past the rebound stage. I say he sounds like a keeper! So take a chance & dive in... You only live once!!! I'm soooooo happy for your girlie!

8. OG Member
    OG Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chandy89 View Post
    When you decide its not? I think if you want to be exclusive, go for it.
    I'm thinking we're going to sit down and talk about it tonight when he comes over, I'm getting butterflies in my stomach just thinking about it

9. Switzerland
    Switzerland
    I would tell him what you told us. You dont want to see anything else but you want to continue going slow. And how he makes you feel and how sweet he is and how great it is that he is so understanding.

IMO if your asking if you should be exclusive then you might not be ready just yet.

Its a lot to consider given your past so I would just follow your instincts.
  10. OG Member
    OG Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by misskrissyo View Post
    I would tell him what you told us. You dont want to see anything else but you want to continue going slow. And how he makes you feel and how sweet he is and how great it is that he is so understanding.

IMO if your asking if you should be exclusive then you might not be ready just yet.

Its a lot to consider given your past so I would just follow your instincts.
    The bolded is what I'm worried about, I have reservations, my first reaction wasn't to just say yes. I don't want to date anyone else but the exclusive thing sends chills down my spine because that just opens the door for me to be cheated on (and in my concious mind I know Adam wouldn't do that but my sub-concious mind doesn't really trust men right now)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast