Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 59

Thread: How long would you wait for love???

  1. Senior Member
    Irisheyes36's Avatar
    Irisheyes36 is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    North East USA
    Posts
    1,406
    #1

    Question How long would you wait for love???

    Advertisements
    Just a thought I've come across. . all my friends have gotten married really quickly and have even made rude comments towards me because I tend to trott down my own path.

    How long would you date someone without a proposal?

    Is it worth it to date someone for a long period without any proposal insight if you love them enough. . . what if that means putting your dreams of a family on the side/back burner?

    Personally I don't think I have a time limit but I'm wondering if that'll change with the years. . . just wondering what everyone else thinks. . .
  2. Senior Member
    serendipity10's Avatar
    serendipity10 is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,083
    Blog Entries
    19
    #2
    good question... i would date someone for 2 years... however, the discussion of marriage is a must by this time. I also think it depends on your age... i'll be *cough* 26 next month... and i think its a good age to start settling down.
    ~Dennise
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    CindyLouWho's Avatar
    CindyLouWho is offline
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    24,179
    #3
    I don't put a time limit on. Then again, I don't want kids, and don't define "having a family" by marriage and kids.

    If we both had insurance, and were both beneficiaries for each other, and listed as family (in case of emergency/illness) I'd be fine not getting married.
  4. Senior Member
    Irisheyes36's Avatar
    Irisheyes36 is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    North East USA
    Posts
    1,406
    #4
    Politics about insurance and beneficiaries does make the decision of marriage even more complicated! Stinks that a lot of legal things its easier just to be married specially in the military!

    Kids is definately a big part of the marriage thing in my mind. . . I don't see anything wrong with not being married but I do think its easier for all parties if the parents are if they love each other obvs.

    And serendipity you're more my kinda girl my gfs all got married at like 20! I dont see a problem being older. . . . maybe even enough to drink at your own wedding legally hehehehe
  5. Am
    Senior Member
    Am's Avatar
    Am is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    15,308
    #5
    If marriage wasn't something the person I loved wanted, I honestly think I could handle that. Kids would be a deal breaker for me though. Even then, I couldn't put a time limit on waiting. It would depend on the situation and my biological clock .
  6. Senior Member
    Dessi.'s Avatar
    Dessi. is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    va-jin-yuh
    Posts
    4,318
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Am View Post
    If marriage wasn't something the person I loved wanted, I honestly think I could handle that. Kids would be a deal breaker for me though. Even then, I couldn't put a time limit on waiting. It would depend on the situation and my biological clock .



    I never thought "Well, if he doesn't propose by [x] this time then ... he must not be serious about me" ... I think that's kind of ridiculous to assume. If DH had been against marriage, I'd still be with him & happy to be just that.



  7. The name says it all!
    ALil2Naughty's Avatar
    ALil2Naughty is offline
    The name says it all!
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Loki's chambers
    Posts
    26,360

    #7
    I'm 34 (and damn proud that I've made it this far) and even though I don't have an SO or kids, I'm still loving my life. If you had to wait longer than 2 or 3 years, I'd be starting to wonder what was up but it's different for everyone. Each relationship is like a snowflake. No two are alike.

    DH: Thank you. ME: For what, babe? DH: For being you.




  8. Senior Member
    Irisheyes36's Avatar
    Irisheyes36 is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    North East USA
    Posts
    1,406
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by StormyGoddess View Post
    I'm 34 (and damn proud that I've made it this far) and even though I don't have an SO or kids, I'm still loving my life. If you had to wait longer than 2 or 3 years, I'd be starting to wonder what was up but it's different for everyone. Each relationship is like a snowflake. No two are alike.
    AWWW i like the snowflake quote!

    Wish the girls I've been hanging around were a little more supportive like you guys about relationships that don't go right into marriage necessarily. Guess thats why I have everyone here

    o and Biological clocks. . . teeeheee so funny to think about I wonder what time mine is at. . . and what it looks like digital etc?!
  9. Am
    Senior Member
    Am's Avatar
    Am is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    15,308
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Irisheyes36 View Post
    AWWW i like the snowflake quote!

    Wish the girls I've been hanging around were a little more supportive like you guys about relationships that don't go right into marriage necessarily. Guess thats why I have everyone here

    o and Biological clocks. . . teeeheee so funny to think about I wonder what time mine is at. . . and what it looks like digital etc?!
    Mine's at occasional baby fever o'clock.
  10. Senior Member
    serendipity10's Avatar
    serendipity10 is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,083
    Blog Entries
    19
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Dessi. View Post



    I never thought "Well, if he doesn't propose by [x] this time then ... he must not be serious about me" ... I think that's kind of ridiculous to assume. If DH had been against marriage, I'd still be with him & happy to be just that.
    mmm i can see that and i would be ok with a situation as such.

    Knowing that you dont HAVE to be married (ceremony)... but are still committed to each other and your family is ok with me as well. But deep down... i'm a girl... and i want the dress... and our families there. Thats important to me as well.
    ~Dennise
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •