Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 53

Thread: Facebook Relationship Status

  1. Senior Member
    sailors_sweetie's Avatar
    sailors_sweetie is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,070
    #1

    Facebook Relationship Status

    Advertisements
    So neither DB nor I have changed our relationship status on our facebooks. DB actually does not have one selected at all..mine on the other hand says single. My status being single does not bother DB at all, and one reason we have not messed with our status' is because he has girls on his page who cause drama and I have some people on my page who also could cause drama for me as well.
    Not to mention DB is a private person, as am I and DB has previously had MAJOR issues with his Facebook (prior to us dating) involving friends of friends harassing him and basically making him feel lousy.

    Yet now I have people telling me that if he does not change his status to in a relationship with me that he is hiding something. That DB is ashamed of me and our relationship. This makes me feel awful
    I haven't changed mine either so I don't see why they don't "accuse" me of feeling the same.
    It has gotten to the point where I feel like deleting my page due to the tension of it all and DB has thought of deleting his as well.


    I take it as DB and I are private people and that we don't want to give people more of an opportunity to cause trouble in our relationship because of what is on facebook.

    What do you ladies think?? Is your facebook status really that much of a big deal or a deal breaker??
  2. Switzerland
    misskrissyo's Avatar
    misskrissyo is offline
    Switzerland
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    10,251
    #2
    I and DB are addicted to facebook, so for us it was a big deal. Though when I changed it I did have some drama come out of the wood work I either gave those people an ultimatum or just got rid of them. I didn't/don't need that type of thing in my life.

    But ultimately you need to do what is right for you two. Screw what everyone else thinks, its not their relationship so they need to just stfu imo.
  3. Senior Member
    nursejessica52's Avatar
    nursejessica52 is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Posts
    2,463
    #3
    My DF and I have ours set as engaged with each other but that is us. If you both are private people and think drama will follow if you change it then don't do it. You have nothing to prove to others and its just facebook. You know what your relationship is like and you know your DB. Don't let people like that get to you because its none of their business what you and your DB choose to do.
  4. Regular Member
    SailorSweetie87's Avatar
    SailorSweetie87 is offline
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    244
    #4
    Don't listen to the nonsense that people tell you when it comes to social networking sites. Its completely understanding that you and your DB don't really want people in your business and choose not to display ur relationship status. As long as ya'll know your together and are respecting of the relationship (ex. if ppl message you or ask you on fb if the other has a b/f or a g/f and you or him say yes, i'm with ______ or whatever) then thats all that matters. If its not a issue for you to have it on display then don't second guess yourself b/c of what others are saying. LOL i know that was long lol and on my end it doesn't really matter.. i have in a relationship on mine but my DB isn't on fb anymore so lol.
  5. Livin~Lovin~Laughin
    KarmaRocks's Avatar
    KarmaRocks is offline
    Livin~Lovin~Laughin
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    14,212
    #5
    I would tell them that it is working just fine for you. Thanks for your input. Have a fine Navy Day.





    "Don't worry about being right,
    just worry about being kind."
    ~Tilly Therber
  6. Account Closed
    His*PITA*'s Avatar
    His*PITA* is offline
    Account Closed
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Somewhere over a rainbow
    Posts
    69,415
    #6
    If FB is causing this much drama for your relationship, then thats a big red flag IMO.

    Its a website, if you have people who are going to give you crap because of who you are in a relationship with or harass your SO, why on earth would either of you continue to have them on your friends list?
  7. Switzerland
    misskrissyo's Avatar
    misskrissyo is offline
    Switzerland
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    10,251
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by His*PITA* View Post
    If FB is causing this much drama for your relationship, then thats a big red flag IMO.

    Its a website, if you have people who are going to give you crap because of who you are in a relationship with or harass your SO, why on earth would either of you continue to have them on your friends list?
    Or friends at all for that matter???
  8. Am
    Senior Member
    Am's Avatar
    Am is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    15,308
    #8
    If one person prefers making it "facebook official" and the other refuses, it would raise my suspicions. Since it's okay with both of you, I don't see a problem. Don't let other people get to you.
  9. Account Closed
    His*PITA*'s Avatar
    His*PITA* is offline
    Account Closed
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Somewhere over a rainbow
    Posts
    69,415
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Am View Post
    If one person prefers making it "facebook official" and the other refuses, it would raise my suspicions. Since it's okay with both of you, I don't see a problem. Don't let other people get to you.
    This to
  10. Senior Member
    sailors_sweetie's Avatar
    sailors_sweetie is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,070
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by misskrissyo View Post
    I and DB are addicted to facebook, so for us it was a big deal. Though when I changed it I did have some drama come out of the wood work I either gave those people an ultimatum or just got rid of them. I didn't/don't need that type of thing in my life.

    But ultimately you need to do what is right for you two. Screw what everyone else thinks, its not their relationship so they need to just stfu imo.

    Quote Originally Posted by nursejessica52 View Post
    My DF and I have ours set as engaged with each other but that is us. If you both are private people and think drama will follow if you change it then don't do it. You have nothing to prove to others and its just facebook. You know what your relationship is like and you know your DB. Don't let people like that get to you because its none of their business what you and your DB choose to do.
    I am a facebook addict as well, so I am not opposed to changing my status I just fear it will do more harm than good for both DB and I.

    For example: I have been teasing DB and saying that he should post about having an awesome girlfriend...just being silly. So, he decides to prove me wrong and puts in his status, "I'm in Love ". Immediately after he has girls who he had gone on a couple dates with(months ago & has since not had contact with) texting him all crazy asking 20questions. I was like that is crazy!

    for your input and for the I need it!!
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •