Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: He makes me...

1. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie

Cloud 9 He makes me...

Advertisements
    ...so happy! Things are going great between me and my Big'un (Steven), and I just wanted to share.

Some of you may remember my older thread (can be found here). Well, since then, we've talked...a LOT. He clarified his views on marriage and children, and I think I can work with them. He said that, yes, if he found the right girl, he would marry her. I understand that it's too soon for him to know if I'm that person, and I'm perfectly okay with that. I just needed to know that, if I AM that girl, he would commit.

As far as children...he's still kind of for not having them, but his reasoning is likely to change. He is afraid he might fail as a parent, and fears bringing a child into the world if he cannot raise him/her properly. Keep in mind that the boy is only twenty...I feel like that's something we could talk about more in the future, you know?

We also had a long talk a few nights ago about our physical relationship. I was sexually abused by my ex, and it has only been a year since then. Because of this, I'm still kind of afraid of physical intimacy. I think I rushed in to things with Steven...so I told him how I felt. I spent an hour talking about my past and crying my eyes out. He just held me. When I finished telling him everything, he said "If you don't want to, then we don't. You say 'stop', we'll stop. You set the pace. You're in control." When I asked if we could put a hold on the physical stuff for a little while, he had no problem with it. I've slept in his bed several times since, and he hasn't tried to make me do ANYTHING. He even asks if it's okay to cuddle with me and such. I don't know about the rest of the world, but that's a HUGE deal to me.

I'm SO in love right now. We can go from playing video games and joking around to being sweet and affectionate to being serious. It's wonderful. I love him.
  2. Senior Member
    Isn't it wonderful to have someone like that who completely understands you and accepts you where you're at?
    I feel the same way about my DB, everything about him is just...
  3. I'm still Jennie from the block....
    I'm still Jennie from the block....

I'm so happy for you! Sounds like things are working out. It's awesome how understanding & supportive he is about that happened to you. This BIG time Brownie points!

4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JessnBigun View Post
    We also had a long talk a few nights ago about our physical relationship. I was sexually abused by my ex, and it has only been a year since then. Because of this, I'm still kind of afraid of physical intimacy. I think I rushed in to things with Steven...so I told him how I felt. I spent an hour talking about my past and crying my eyes out. He just held me. When I finished telling him everything, he said "If you don't want to, then we don't. You say 'stop', we'll stop. You set the pace. You're in control." When I asked if we could put a hold on the physical stuff for a little while, he had no problem with it. I've slept in his bed several times since, and he hasn't tried to make me do ANYTHING. He even asks if it's okay to cuddle with me and such. I don't know about the rest of the world, but that's a HUGE deal to me.
    This paragraph really stands out to me because I was in a similar situation and DB is the same way! It is really impressive when they are so supportive and understanding, isn't it? So glad you found a keeper!

5. Afghanistan just so you know...you suck. That's all.
    Afghanistan just so you know...you suck. That's all.

so so so happy for you he's a keeper girl!

Married my MSOS Wifey Fedface3266 9/24/10
  6. Senior Member
    That is really great that you guys are doing so well. I am glad that he is being so sweet and understanding that just shows how much he truly loves and cares about it! How exciting I hope things continue to go so amazing!