Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I pulled a stupid...

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Blog Entries

I pulled a stupid...

Advertisements
    [This is kind of a vent as well]

DB and I have been discussing marriage for a while (like over 6 months). I had a dream one night that we got married on our anniversary (and I don't mean this anniversary in 2 weeks, just in general).

I mentioned it in passing to DB in an email a week ago and he ignored it. I should have taken the hint.

He sent me an email today and I asked him if he had gotten the previous one. I didn't feel comfortable with the answer I got "yes, I got the email, we'll see what happens..." (Not the exact quote.)

Now I am just sure I have scared him away! On top of my disappointing news that he won't be available anymore because he is losing his 'stable' internet connection, I am so worried I have screwed everything up and now I can't talk to him about it!

Why do I have to be so stupid?
    Last edited by Just_Special; 09-05-2010 at 05:09 PM. Reason: adding info

2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Geographically Arkansas, but Carolina in my mind...

You're not stupid. When you've been with someone for almost a year (I'm basing that on your ticker) and you've been discussing marriage, he shouldn't ignore your mention of a dream you had.

I'm neurotic enough that I would worry like crazy (I seriously worry over everything), but in my opinion you did nothing wrong or stupid.
  3. Senior Member
    it's okay! I would hint and be really blunt about marriage with dh from the time he deployed in '08 until this past summer when he proposed. He might have something planned and it's his way of "being sligh". Or, he could just be a boy who doesn't know how NOT to be blunt. I would just send him an email of some sort and be like, "hey! I feel like I may have scared you away...this deployment has me thinking alot about the future. I know you won't be home for a while but I love you and I'm thinking about you. when you get a chance, give me a call or message me back." I know he won't have a lot of access to internet, but he may be able to hop on at some point. I wouldn't stress over it too much. I have a feeling he's just being a guy not knowing how to hide it. But, then again I'm a dorky romantic. PM or text if you want to talk!!!

Siggy by AshMark's
    Mr. & Mrs. since August 20, 2010 He's home! Finally Together
  4. Senior Member
    Oh, first off . Secondly, I'm sure you didn't screw anything up!! Especially if you had been talking about it before... I mean its not like you pulled it out of thin air. He probably just doesn't want to make any promises he can't keep, and didn't know how you wanted him to respond. It'll be okay - if you're really worried, write him an email or snail mail letter explaining/reassuring him that you weren't trying to pressure him or anything, you just had a dream and was wondering what he thought about it. More

Finally together in Okinawa and ready to start some new adventures together!
  5. Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    Maybe he said, "We'll see," because he doesn't want to be specific about his plans... in a GOOD way. Like... if he has plans to propose when he returns or something like that, he wouldn't want to tip you off.
    Beth, Mama to Emmalee (12), Evan (9), and Ella (4 on May 7) (I really REALLY need to update my picture!)
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BethM View Post
    Maybe he said, "We'll see," because he doesn't want to be specific about his plans... in a GOOD way. Like... if he has plans to propose when he returns or something like that, he wouldn't want to tip you off.
    that's what I was trying to say...but I think I may have made it more complicated.

Siggy by AshMark's
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CinderellaHLN View Post

You're not stupid. When you've been with someone for almost a year (I'm basing that on your ticker) and you've been discussing marriage, he shouldn't ignore your mention of a dream you had.

I'm neurotic enough that I would worry like crazy (I seriously worry over everything), but in my opinion you did nothing wrong or stupid.
    Yes, we have been together for almost a year. We have been discussing marriage and the future since month 4 (just for fun) and seriously since about month 6 or 7.

I am neurotic like you, so I am freaking out as well!

Quote Originally Posted by INDPNDNTwomn05 View Post
    it's okay! I would hint and be really blunt about marriage with dh from the time he deployed in '08 until this past summer when he proposed. He might have something planned and it's his way of "being sligh". Or, he could just be a boy who doesn't know how NOT to be blunt. I would just send him an email of some sort and be like, "hey! I feel like I may have scared you away...this deployment has me thinking alot about the future. I know you won't be home for a while but I love you and I'm thinking about you. when you get a chance, give me a call or message me back." I know he won't have a lot of access to internet, but he may be able to hop on at some point. I wouldn't stress over it too much. I have a feeling he's just being a guy not knowing how to hide it. But, then again I'm a dorky romantic. PM or text if you want to talk!!!
    He is a hopeless romantic, as am I, so I am hoping I haven't screwed anything up. The bolded portion makes sense, but that is the confusing part. He loves surprises and gets cryptic and standoffish when he is planning one, but he also is overly blunt and has repeatedly said things in the past he needed to apologize for later. So , I won't know until I ask him. I think maybe I should wait to send this email until tomorrow though, because it may sound desperate if I send it now (considering that is how I am feeling).

Thanks for the input girls, I feel a little better now! I am still worried, but I think the original panic is gone.

And Chelsea, expect a text, I am lonely and a texting fiend, so you asked for it!
    Last edited by Just_Special; 09-05-2010 at 05:10 PM.

8. Senior Member
    BRING IT ON GIRLFRIEND!!!!!!!
    I'm EXCITED! haha do you have verizon?? if not, no biggie!

Siggy by AshMark's
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by INDPNDNTwomn05 View Post
    BRING IT ON GIRLFRIEND!!!!!!!
    I'm EXCITED! haha do you have verizon?? if not, no biggie!
    heck yes! and unlimited text messaging! (DB and I used to send thousands of texts a month when he was home, so since he wasn't verizon, I needed unlimited.)

10. Senior Member
    Hey I don't think you pulled a stupid. Like the other ladies said either he might have something planned or maybe he was just having a bad day or was feeling a little emotional and didn't want to talk about that with you at the moment.
    My DB has his moments like that when he is super romantic (like today) but then others he is being distant. I think it is just part of their deployment. I wouldn,t worry about it though. Heck next time he might be the one to bring it up again.

Lots of hugs

Change the way you look at things and the things you look at will change
    Survived deployment one in one piece, working on #2
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast