Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: How Old were you when you knew you met the one?

1. Your future hair stylist :)
    Your future hair stylist :)

Question How Old were you when you knew you met the one?

Advertisements
    Okay so ladies and gents how old were you when you KNEW you found the one? and How did you know it? I want to hear yall loves stories! Tell it from the beginning.
    Everything happens for a reason...
  2. Am
    I was 19. He genuinely respected me and swept me off my feet. We met at a party packed with people but only talked to each other all night. He even "proposed" to me that night. It sounds lame but we've never looked back.
  3. HardxCore New Yorker.
    HardxCore New Yorker.
    Well, dh and I met in second grade. So we were about 7 or 8 when we met. It was on a youth soccor team. From then on we've been friends.
    We didn't start dating until 9th grade when we were 14

In all seriousness, ever since I had developed a crush on him in middle school[about age 11-12] I would always tell my firends he was going to be my first love and I was going to marry him... And I did
    -Brittni

Together since December 15th, 2003. Married since August 8th, 2009
  4. Senior Member
    DH & I dated when I was in junior high and he was a freshman in highschool.. he was such a nice guy.. my family adored him, but I was young & didn't know what I was doing or what I even wanted so I dumped him..Over the course of the next few years, I dated other people but always had this weird thought in my head like "He was probably the best boyfriend I've ever had".. In 2008, he randomly messaged me on myspace and just asked how I had been doing. We started talking back and forth and he came home on leave a month or so later We spent those whole two weeks together.. I don't think it ever just HIT me that he was the one, I just knew that I had never felt so immediately comfortable or at home with anyone else before. Nobody had ever treated me with that much respect or went of of their way to make me feel good about myself. Eventually we got engaged, & then got married on December 31, 2009. [ Theeeee very best day of my entire life ]

5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I was 19 it was my first proper time away from home I was in GA working and I was out one night with the girl I worked with we went out for a meal one night and he caught my eye while we were outside we went back in and didnt see him for the rest of the night and then we left and were stuck in the parking lot unable to get her truck started and as we were laughing like mad women because we had no idea what to do he wand his buddies walked past saw us and offered to help and he had that smile on his face that made (and still makes me) weak at the knees anyway we ended up going back to the bar and talking for ages and we swapped numbers and started dating when I was there.
    I came home and was heartbroken because we split up because of the distance. Anyway we stayed in contact on and off but he still knew everything that had happened and then early this year I joined a dating site and yep he was on it (he had told me before we saw each other on the site that he had his orders to come here) we talked more after that and we agreed to give things another go and that was over a month ago.
    I guess even with my ex I never stopped thinking about DB and he has said he has never stopped thinking about me and he knew from the moment we caught each others eyes at the bar he knew I would be the one for him! And I agree with him!
    blondiebabe is my MSOS Wifey
  6. Senior Member
    I knew I met the one when I was 18. Our first date he burned his mouth on pizza and we both laughed at him together. I thought it was so cute (weird I know lol). Plus we just hit it off from the beginning. I have never had any relationship like this where I am completely myself and totally comfortable. He is my very best friend and so much more
  7. Senior Member
    I was 28 when we were introduced by mutual friends, but I didn't know he was "the one" until several months later and I was 29. I never even dated anyone before him that I even remotely thought could possibly be the guy I would marry.
  8. OG Member
    OG Member
    Blog Entries
    Not married but I've never met someone like DB before. We met when I was about 19 but have just started dating (almost 4 mo ago). I'm that he's the one but only time will tell.

The story of how we met is that he was my ex-DB's roomate back in the day, while exDB and I were together we were friends, and after he and I broke up current DB and I stayed friends. We've both dated other people throughout the years and we've always come back to each other. While he was deployed we were close friends and I would send him care packages and such. He got back from Iraq in Dec. and we both broke up with our SO's around April 1st and a month later he and I were a couple...so we'll see how it goes.

9. Senior Member
    I was 18. We met through a friend a couple of weeks before he deployed. We hung out once and then he left, but we spoke every day he was gone. He would call all the time and we spoke online all the time too (His Mother is still paying off the bill since he used his phone, but she is a monster so it's ok .) We both started liking each other then I met him when he get home and we hung out a lot. A few short weeks later we started dating. Then 5 months later we were engaged, and a year and 10 months later we got married.

I never had a particlar moment when I knew he was the one but he certainly is!
  10. Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.
    Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.

16- his friend was dating my friend, they gave him my AIM screen name and he messaged me and we talked about a month and then met in person and we've been going strong ever since!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast