Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A letter...

1. Senior Member

A letter...

Advertisements
    DB's worries are getting to him since he deploys later this year...to ease his mind in any way I can, I attempted to give him a break down of how I see our future...He said he was thinking about it...so enjoy. (BTW, we're in a LDR)

"I don't know where this fits in your plan or schedule, but after tonight...I guess I thought you should know how I see things going along for us (in the ideal world I see us in...it seems possible, maybe)...

We spend every moment possible and every second that my car can get me to you, together. I'll spend money I should save to see your smile in front of me; to have you kiss me. I'll sleep even less, not out of anxiousness, but out of love and never wanting to tell you goodnight. This will be these next few months...I'll text you all day about nothing and you'll wonder if I'm crazy sometimes.....

Then you'll leave. I'll write letters every day and you'll get them all at once. You'll doubt me a little, you'll wonder what I'm doing and with who. I'll detail every letter, I'll choose my words as carefully as possible. I'll try to write, as I am now, how I'm feeling and how boring I am in "real life"...I'll anticipate every word you write me...I'll send too many packages, you'll think I'm nuts. In every package I'll send some of the same air I once breathed, I'll send you my heart and my love, every piece I can give.

You'll come back to a girl who feels like a hero. I'll feel like I've accomplished something by having you return. You'll be my life again; you'll probably get sick of me. I'll try to find something to do in NC all summer that way I can wake up next to you, see you smirk a little, and if I'm lucky, get you naked daily.

If not already before, I'll be begging you to marry me because I can't imagine being happier. You're worries will have disappeared, you'll see my eyes are only on you. I'll wonder how I got you, how I deserve this, how did I get so lucky?... I'll have to leave come August...just one year of school left.

I'll become a student again and I'll be striving to graduate sooner. I'll be looking towards the future, much like I am now, to a little house somewhere in Cali....you strolling out into the living room while I'm drinking coffee and reading the funnies (like a "real" adult). You'll smile, I'll smile, and that's where we are now. We smile and we know...

You are the one for me..I feel you might know this too. I'll be waiting for the day that we stop Skyping and start kissing goodnight.

I'll give you all I got, and I swear, I'll be enough for you as long as you let me. Anything you do, and anything you choose, I'll be there next to you. I love you ------------.

(and if this all sounds crazy to you....remember I've slept two hours...but I do mean it all...)"

I just wonder if I sound crazy or sweet? Usually, he doesn't respond, but we'll see about this one....

You're welcome.
  2. Senior Member
    I think that's really sweet!!

I would love to receive a letter like that.
  3. Senior Member
    such a sweet letter!!
  4. Senior Member
    OHMYGOD I love that letter! It is so sweet and heartfelt! He will cherish this forever, it is so pretty and do true. You have a way with words

DF: You've never looked at me that way. What's that look?
    Me: You really do love me, don't you?
    DF: Amor, I just flew halfway around the world to see you. I love you more than life itself.
  5. I'm so much cooler online
    I'm so much cooler online
    Aww that is cute!
  6. Senior Member
    This letter is sooo sweet. Your DB is going to be with this letter!!

Now you have me thinking I might write my DB a letter about how I feel about things and our future before he deploys as well.

I had written DB a message about how much I love and am going to miss him before he went out on an underway and he read it while I was there and he got teary and just kept saying awww...*but his getting teary will have to remain a secret forever, as military men do not get teary or cry*

So I just might write him a more detailed letter with the actual thoughts in my head, not just how much I love him. Thanks for sharing your letter and awesome idea
  7. The Decider
    The Decider
    Blog Entries
    I think you went from "I love you" to "begging you to marry me" pretty quickly (a week or two), and if I was a guy, I'd probably be a little freaked out.

I do think it's cute, though.
    Next time you shop on Amazon, click through this link to help an amazing veterans' organization!

My 101 blog
    The Arizona Oenophile. Wine snobbery!

Lovin' up on WiggleWiggle~ since 04.06.2011!
  8. be silly. be honest. be kind.
    be silly. be honest. be kind.
    That was so beautiful and personal, you've got me all gushy and missin' my man now...
    Oh geeze, I can't wait to hear his reaction when he reads it! He's so gonna' love it, and maybe get a little "something in his eye", ya know, they might water a bit...

"The purpose of life is not to simply be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well."
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson

9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleRed View Post
    I think you went from "I love you" to "begging you to marry me" pretty quickly (a week or two), and if I was a guy, I'd probably be a little freaked out.

I do think it's cute, though.
    Thanks to everyone...sometimes I just have to put things out there because I'm not sure if my perspective is correct, so I love all the feedback.

The "begging you to marry me" thing is more of a joke. DB talks about marriage ALL THE TIME....He knows to me it's kind of soon to talk about...seeing as we haven't been together that long, but then again, he is serious when he talks about it, and I admit, one day I could see him as my husband. Saying the "begging" thing is just to make him laugh because I know when the time is right, I wouldn't have to beg him one bit.

I get how it seems a little crazy though, so thank you for pointing it out

You're welcome.
  10. Senior Member
    It's super sweet.
    Would love to hear about his response...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast