Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Am I Engaged???

1. Senior Member

Nutts Am I Engaged?? NO!!

Advertisements
    Okay so me & my NL (Navy Love) are a pretty unique couple....for one my best friend is his sister so things get a lil awkward at times lol. But other than that we've jus became official official the 1st of this month altho we've been dating for 5months & knowing each other for 5years...I say all of this because within the first week of us talking we discussed marriage children career etc. We even went to a palm reader (funny experience but...) & had identical marital paths. Within the first month of us dating we discussed to each other & others that we are marrying each other & that would be it! we jus know it would work because it would, our first date felt like our 30th date (great thing our chemistry is so connected )....We had a preg possibility a couple wks ago & both of us were willing to jump the broom if preg test was positive with no hesitation. My point is that ever since we've began liking/loving each other we've committed to getting married....& now i try to explain to others that we aren't technically engaged engaged we only made plans to get married in a couple years.....Do i/we sound in denial about this our are we actually engaged or as we call it .....committed to getting married in the near future ?
    Last edited by NavyLove; 08-24-2010 at 12:47 PM. Reason: My Titles are showing up two different ways
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Umm. . . I'm going to say no. But maybe you should be asking your DB this question.
  3. The Decider
    The Decider
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.Ginger View Post
    Umm. . . I'm going to say no. But maybe you should be asking your DB this question.
    If you both consider yourself engaged, then yes. But if you're not on the same page, then no. Engagement means different things to different people. To me, if he hasn't gotten down on his knee with a ring, I'm not engaged. To you, it might mean something different. However, if you're having to ask strangers if you're engaged, you probably aren't.
    Next time you shop on Amazon, click through this link to help an amazing veterans' organization!

My 101 blog
    The Arizona Oenophile. Wine snobbery!

Lovin' up on WiggleWiggle~ since 04.06.2011!
  4. Senior Member
    Lol yea i have & we discuss things like this all the time, he asks me what kind of ring i'd want, type of wedding, where we're gonna live....etc. but he's just like me when it comes to this so . I'll put it this way ...if he was back home we'd be living together planning our wedding etc.
  5. Eternal Member
    Eternal Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleRed View Post
    If you both consider yourself engaged, then yes. But if you're not on the same page, then no. Engagement means different things to different people. To me, if he hasn't gotten down on his knee with a ring, I'm not engaged. To you, it might mean something different. However, if you're having to ask strangers if you're engaged, you probably aren't.
    Yup, to this.
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleRed View Post

Yea he's pretty old fashioned so am I (meaning the down on one knee thing engagement) but we both are taking our time (prbly bc of our distance i.e. Navy). Its just that everyone else family/friends are saying that we sound pretty ridiculous with our logic but it makes since to us. We both know we're getting married & when we do talk about it to our friends/family their looking at us like we're keeping an secret engagement or something .....not the case. I made this post because this is the most unbiased place i can tlk about this subject right now lol funny but tru
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyLove View Post
    Yea he's pretty old fashioned so am I (meaning the down on one knee thing engagement) but we both are taking our time (prbly bc of our distance i.e. Navy). Its just that everyone else family/friends are saying that we sound pretty ridiculous with our logic but it makes since to us. We both know we're getting married & when we do talk about it to our friends/family their looking at us like we're keeping an secret engagement or something .....not the case. I made this post because this is the most unbiased place i can tlk about this subject right now lol funny but tru
    Well, for me this would not be engaged. Especially since you said you are both so old fashioned... Regarding the bolded, it doesn't seem like you guys are taking your time. Maybe you should take some time. Sounds like you are pretty head over heals. I would live in that for a while without worrying about marriage.

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." - President Ronald Reagan
  8. Occasional lurker
    Occasional lurker
    You're not engaged. If you you have to ask, you're not. If you were engaged, you would know. With or without a ring he would say something along the lines of "will you marry me". My (now) DF and I had "plans" for 15 months. Until he gave me a ring (it was important to us) and said "will you marry me" he was just DB.

Don't rush your relationship or try to make it more than it is. Dating is fun and it doesn't mean you're any less serious because he hasn't proposed yet. It's ok to know in your heart it's serious but still say he's your boyfriend.

9. HardxCore New Yorker.
    HardxCore New Yorker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Turpentine89 View Post
    You're not engaged. If you you have to ask, you're not. If you were engaged, you would know. With or without a ring he would say something along the lines of "will you marry me". My (now) DF and I had "plans" for 15 months. Until he gave me a ring (it was important to us) and said "will you marry me" he was just DB.

Don't rush your relationship or try to make it more than it is. Dating is fun and it doesn't mean you're any less serious because he hasn't proposed yet. It's ok to know in your heart it's serious but still say he's your boyfriend.
    I very much agree with the bolded.
    -Brittni

Together since December 15th, 2003. Married since August 8th, 2009
  10. Senior Member
    For DF and I it would be a no, not engaged. We talked about marriage and family a lot before we actually got engaged.
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast