Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Stupid exes (kinda long)

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Blog Entries

Stupid exes (kinda long)

Advertisements
    So some of you were aware of my most current 'deployment drama', but I didn't tell too many people because I wanted DB and I to talk first.

Background: His ex-GF contacted me a few days ago and told me she was jealous that I "won" DB and she wants him back, etc. Then she goes on to tell me that she has been emailing him for 3 weeks and is starting to get hopeful that they can start up a relationship again and she can get back her "first and only love".

I got nervous at all of this for only one reason: DB never told me he was emailing with her and we had a 'no ex' agreement from the beginning of our relationship.

Now DB and his ex go way back because they grew up together, going to the same school and church up through kindergarten. I really didn't expect him to always be cut off from her, but I did request that he tell me if they ever got on friendly terms again, i.e. talking, emailing and such.

So, needless to say when I heard all this from ex-GF I was thinking 2 things: either she is trying to break up DB and I so she can get him back or she is telling the truth and I should be worried that DB is lying to me and getting back together with her.

I emailed DB about it and got an answer today. He apologized for not telling me that they spoke once, but he didn't think it was necessary to tell me since she sent him one email and he never responded. That sounds fair, I guess. He went on to say that he wasn't sure what she was talking about when she mentioned getting back together because the email she sent him was basically a confession that she cheated on him in the last weeks before they broke up. Wow, I didn't see that one coming.

I guess I have a stupid crazy ex drama that I have to deal with now. I have not contacted the ex to tell her I checked her story (I have no intention of doing that; its not her business to know that DB and I discussed this), and I hope to never hear from her again. I mean, its been over a year since they broke up, get over him already! They were only together for a couple months anyway. I am with DB now for 11 months and counting!

Her evil and diabolical plan to break us up didn't work and I now know that if she tries anything in the future, it will most likely be a bucket of lies as well.

I am so glad I kept a level head and didn't just dump DB at the suspicion of cheating. I think that is what the ex wanted.

YOU LOSE, EX-GF!

In other news, I am crazy in love with DB and I want the whole world to know that! I can't wait for him to get home! too bad its pretty far away.

Oh well, I love him and no one can take that away!

2. Senior Member
    yay crazy DB ex dramaaaaaa
    lets throw penguins at them.
    that's the solution to every problem!
    A second chance at happiy ever after
  3. Formerly BooBoo_Bear
    Formerly BooBoo_Bear
    BILYs_special FTW!

And that's why open communication is key! Good job keeping your cool. Glad everything is great between you!
  4. OG Member
    OG Member
    Blog Entries
    DB has one girl (I don't call her and ex because they didn't really date) that contacted me at the beginning of our relationship and told me that he was still dating her and sent me a pic via e-mail of the two of them together that was very obviously photoshopped. I asked DB about it and he said and I quote, "Seriously? That crazy bitch thinks we were dating?" So yeah the story is that she contacted him through adopt a soldier or something of the likes and was under the impression that they were in a relationship. They never actually met and I've seen the letters they were never romantic or anything of the sort. (and yeah I saw all of them because she numbered them when she wrote them in an attempt to be like "Dear John")

So yeah at that point I jumped to conclussions and jumped all over DB about it until I heard the full story and started looking at the picture and actually found the pic on his facebook that she'd photoshopped...then I realized that people are crazy!!

for keeping your cool!

5. Senior Member
    dont ya just LOOOVE crazy exes?!

this is why communication is so important. good job!
  6. Eternal Member
    Eternal Member
    Good for you for keeping your cool. I'm glad things are working out for you and DB!!
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Blog Entries
    thanks guy, and thanks to those who supported me when I wanted to freak out about it! to all.

And good luck to all of us dealing with crazy ex drama!

8. Regular Member
    Me: Bloomington, Indiana Him: Great Lakes, IL
    ugh i'm glad you got that taken care of. DB is going through basic and i got some weird fb messages from someone saying that she is his ex and that he still loves and misses her, and she has letters from him saying that. I can't even ask him about it!
  9. Senior Member
    Blah I've had crazy ex drama like this before... so glad you got it cleared up! It is definitely no fun!
    "Some things in life are just so sweet--and sweet is really not strong enough--I mean, so soothing and delicious that sometimes the memory of them is all you need to get by. You can just close your eyes and put yourself there in an instant. Your mouth waters, your eyes tear up, your heart beats fast, and it's hard to catch your breath."--Sweet Potato Queens' Book of Love
  10. life is like a box of chocolates...
    life is like a box of chocolates...
    good job on keeping your cool i'm super lucky that none of mine or DB's exs are crazy but from all the stories i see on msos, it seems like they're everywhere!! but i'm glad you were able to deal so well with her attempts to stir up trouble and hopefully she gets the hint and stays away!
    if you can find a path with no obstacles, then it probably doesn't lead anywhere....

i love me some RED HOT!!

vice president of ILLCARDC