Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is this so sassy?:edit: Predicament

1. Senior Member

Is this so sassy?:edit: Predicament

Advertisements
    So I met this guy and we were texting etc. We have a little summer romance thing going on.

We went on a couple dates and tonight was our third...

during school he lives 3 hours away, versus the 20min during the summer so there's absolutely NO WAY that it can work since at the end of the month there is going to be about a month's worth of knowing each other...

I'm NOT SO SURE he has figured that out yet...but tonight he started talking about "months ahead"(I know, right..awkwardly early for a 3rd date, but he said it because we shouldn't talk about masturbating on a third date because we got into it )

anyhoo he was like, "I'm so busy at school," and going on and on about it.

Is it horrible that I was thinking "NO DON'T REALIZE IT YET!!!!!" because I want to fill the next three weeks with dates? am I being sassy?

I really like him a lot, in fact he's quite amazing, but I'm not seeing 3 hour drive after only dating a month as able to work....I just don't want to get all hyped up about it. kind of unfortunate though, he's a really really great guy...like...the guy that "feels right"...to put it. Kinda makes me sad to think about him leaving.
    Last edited by dancerdixy; 08-05-2010 at 12:12 AM.
  2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Sassy? No but to me thats not what sassy means. Potentially leading someone on that has developed some feelings for you... yes. And relationships after short amounts of time physically together do work for some people. Maybe he sees it that way.
  3. Senior Member
    I really like him a lot, in fact he's quite amazing, but I'm not seeing 3 hour drive after only dating a month as able to work....I just don't want to get all hyped up about it. kind of unfortunate though, he's a really really great guy...like...the guy that "feels right"...to put it. Kinda makes me sad to think about him leaving.
  4. Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    Quote Originally Posted by dancerdixy View Post
    It's okay if you don't want that kind of relationship... but I think you should be up front with him about that so that he's not expecting this to go somewhere. Don't lead him on.
    Beth, Mama to Emmalee (12), Evan (9), and Ella (4 on May 7) (I really REALLY need to update my picture!)
  5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BethM View Post
    It's okay if you don't want that kind of relationship... but I think you should be up front with him about that so that he's not expecting this to go somewhere. Don't lead him on.
  6. Senior Member
    that's the thing. It's not that I DON'T WANT that kind of relationship, I like him a lot. it's just that I'm AFRAID. I'm realizing this as I'm talking to you ladies. I dated an airman for 9months and he lived accross seas, broke my heart.
  7. Dreams come true... I am living mine
    Dreams come true... I am living mine
    3 hours is a lot better than being overseas. But if you are not feeling a future for whatever reason you should tell him that, he deserves to know.
    DREAMS CAN COME TRUE
  8. Senior Member
    3 hours away isn't THAT bad compared to a lot of the LDRs around here. If you & he wanted it to work bad enough, you could make it work.

There's no harm in giving it a try. From the way you're talking, it sounds as if he makes you happy and vice versa.

But don't lead him on. If you really don't think it will work & don't plan on trying to make it work, don't let him believe it will.
  9. Senior Member
    like, should I sit him down and talk about it next week's date kind of thing?
  10. Dreams come true... I am living mine
    Dreams come true... I am living mine
    Quote Originally Posted by dancerdixy View Post
    like, should I sit him down and talk about it next week's date kind of thing?
    whenever you feel comfortable... if during the week you have serious conversations do it then. Just don't string him along, no matter how much fun you are having.
    DREAMS CAN COME TRUE
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast