Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anniversary Gift...

1. HardxCore New Yorker.
    HardxCore New Yorker.

Bang Head Anniversary Gift...

Advertisements
    So dh and I 1 year marriage anniversary is coming up soon.

Our original plan was we were both gonna go to the spa to get massages, like a gift to ourselves together.

Now he's telling me that he's getting me this super special gift and I have not the slightest clue what it is.

Now I have no idea and barley no time to get him anything. Every time I ask him what he wants he says not to get him anything. =[

I have some ideas, but I feel they're not special enough...

Ughhhhh.
    -Brittni

Together since December 15th, 2003. Married since August 8th, 2009
  2. Dreams come true... I am living mine
    Dreams come true... I am living mine
    what type of things does he like/ what are his hobbies?
    DREAMS CAN COME TRUE
  3. HardxCore New Yorker.
    HardxCore New Yorker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    what type of things does he like/ what are his hobbies?
    He only has expensive hobbies...
    I know he's saving up from a drum set and a ton of audio stuff, but that's all in the $500+ range at least. I was hoping to spend $100 or so.
    I was going to have his guitar re-wired, but he said he was going to do that anyway, so it doesn't count
    -Brittni

4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Blog Entries
    DH and I did something cute for our 1 year. To be traditional, we both wrote each other a love letter (paper is for year 1). I even wrapped it for him as I framed it in a real cute frame! Be creative!
    If you cannot get past my size and my exterior, there is no way I'm letting you know how great I am on the inside as bestsellers are not judged by their covers"
    -Me

Back in the Pure Romance Business....visit my page at
    http://michellemcmullen.pureromance.com
    DONE WITH GRAD SCHOOL! TIME TO CELEBRATE! :

5. Dreams come true... I am living mine
    Dreams come true... I am living mine
    Quote Originally Posted by _Invasion_ View Post
    He only has expensive hobbies...
    I know he's saving up from a drum set and a ton of audio stuff, but that's all in the $500+ range at least. I was hoping to spend $100 or so.
    I was going to have his guitar re-wired, but he said he was going to do that anyway, so it doesn't count
    What about getting something like personalized drum sticks or something like that? I use to always love giving personalized gifts.
    DREAMS CAN COME TRUE
  6. Senior Member
    What about message in a bottle. They are really cute.
    It took longer than we thought. Now 2 IUI's, 3 IVF's, 1 FET .
    One day at a time, one step at a time, and one day we will get there.
    DS Feb 2013 and Adopted DS Aug 2012
  7. Regular Member
    Do you know if any of his favorite bands are on tour? If so then maybe concert tickets, since it's something special you can do together.

Maybe you can get him some music equipment that isn't so expensive? My brother has expensive hobbies,too. For his Christmas present, I bought a big pack of drumsticks and I personalized one of the sets. Also I got him a guitar stand. I don't know if you have a Guitar center in your area but I've gone there and they have sales often so you can get a good deal on music stuff.

Or maybe you could take the plunge and buy one of the pricier items and tell him its his anniversary/birthday/Christmas present. I've done that with my bro before and he's happy to get what he really wants even if it's only one thing.
  8. Senior Member
    sometimes the little things are the best.....i like the personalized drum sticks idea
  9. Senior Member
    Do something personalized. I did that for me and DB's like 3rd yr I think. I went to the Hallmark store and found this SUPER cute frame that had a heart clip in it and put in his favorite picture of us with some rose petals and some things we did together (movies, dates, etc) With a little letter inside. Sometimes the best gifts don't cost much at all, and it's the thought that tugs at the heart.
    I My Soldier

10. HardxCore New Yorker.
    HardxCore New Yorker.
    Thanks for the ideas!

I wanted to get him concert tickets, so bad, but we live in the middle of no where. Any bands we like just don't come around within a 4 hour radius. It's the number one thing we hate most about being here. We used to average 1-2 concerts a month... now it's like 1 a year D:

I can't do drumsticks because 1- he doesn't even have the drumset yet, and 2- It's an electric one that you can only play with sticks from the company so you don't void the warranty.
    And it would be pointless to get him something cheaper because he'd just never use it and i'd be a waste of money. And trust me, I am one to buy dh a pricy gift. I always have been. But the way he's been careless with our money lately I just can't right now.

I really like the paper idea for our 1st. I just wish he wold on given me more time cause I would of loved to make a scrap book of us. But like I said... we weren't suppose to be getting each other gifts...
    I'l have to think of something paper...
    -Brittni

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast