Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clingy

1. Senior Member

Clingy

Advertisements
    Okay so my DB is home on leave. I got to see him for the 1st half of it. Now he is hanging out with family in DC. I was never the type to be clingy. But i don't know if its because i usually can't call/text him because of the deployment and now i can thats getting to me. I want to spend time with his family at the same time i want to be with him. I don't want to be the clingy girlfriend. I guess in my mind i keep thinking that he is leaving soon and i want to take every advantage to talk to him. He says that it doesn't bother him me texting all the time, i guess its bothering me. Anyone else get like this??? Someone come and steal my cell phone please.
  2. Eternal Member
    Eternal Member
    I don't think you are being clingy. You just want to make the most of his R&R. Don't be so hard on yourself,girl....
  3. Senior Member
    I can only imagine how hard that must be! When DH came to the states for 2 weeks leave I was attached to his hip the whole time!!

Maybe y'all can set up a phone date every day? Even if it's just like 20-30 min. Is he responding to you? Do you feel ignored or just scared you're going to annoy him?
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AmyMR View Post
    I can only imagine how hard that must be! When DH came to the states for 2 weeks leave I was attached to his hip the whole time!!

Maybe y'all can set up a phone date every day? Even if it's just like 20-30 min. Is he responding to you? Do you feel ignored or just scared you're going to annoy him?
    oh he doesn't ignore me at all. I think its more like i'm gonna get on his nerves. And the phone date everyday sounds like a good idea.
  5. Senior Member
    You aren't being clingy! He's finally home after 6-7 months and the least I (or anyone) would expect would be you wanting to talk/be with him as much as possible! Don't be so hard on yourself if DB felt you were getting on his nerves, he would speak up. I'm sure he loves all your extra attention!
  6. Lex Justo BAMF Patriot Guard Rider!
    Lex Justo BAMF Patriot Guard Rider!
    Quote Originally Posted by AmyMR View Post

Good idea!
  7. Senior Member
    I don't think you're being clingy at all, DH & I lived together for 6 months and we've been apart for a month now and we always text all the time i don't think it's a big deal. and i definitely think you should make the most out of his r&r and talk to him as much as you can!

8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsB View Post
    You aren't being clingy! He's finally home after 6-7 months and the least I (or anyone) would expect would be you wanting to talk/be with him as much as possible! Don't be so hard on yourself if DB felt you were getting on his nerves, he would speak up. I'm sure he loves all your extra attention!
    I try not to be and then i get to thinking that ugh if someone texted me this much i would get annoyed. But then im like he is only home for a little while longer. Damn emotions
  9. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsB View Post
    I agree! It is probably a great feeling for him that you want to be with him this much after being gone for so long and having to go back.

*We've been through a lot, you and me, but I wouldn't have made it through today or a couple of other days without you*
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by soldiersgirl_08 View Post
    I try not to be and then i get to thinking that ugh if someone texted me this much i would get annoyed. But then im like he is only home for a little while longer. Damn emotions
    Yeah, but if it was your DB you probably wouldn't be annoyed right? Cause you love him, and miss him and wish you could be there with him. He probably feels the same way, and thats why it doesn't annoy him. If you're really worried about it, just tell him "hey, if I start annoying you with my ridiculous quantities of texts, tell me to stop, okay?" Then, until he tells you, you have no reason to feel annoying.

Finally together in Okinawa and ready to start some new adventures together!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast