Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: I'm confused.

1. The Decider
    The Decider
    Blog Entries

I'm confused.

Advertisements
    K got a wedding invitation a while back from a USMC pal who got married last fall but is now having the big wedding to-do. Today he got a shower invitation in the mail. It was a two-in-one shower and rehearsal dinner invite. It was addressed to only him, not the two of us.

Would you assume it is a bridal shower, or a couples' wedding shower? The invite came from another woman, not the bride.

It gave a number at the bottom, but said "Call or text your REGRETS ONLY to XXX-XXX-XXXX."

Next time you shop on Amazon, click through this link to help an amazing veterans' organization!

My 101 blog
    The Arizona Oenophile. Wine snobbery!

Lovin' up on WiggleWiggle~ since 04.06.2011!
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Well... I would call to tell them I regret the fact that I didnt understand the invitation and need clarification!
  3. He said:"I see a beautiful angel and feel perfection!"
    He said:"I see a beautiful angel and feel perfection!"
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by His*PITA* View Post
    Well... I would call to tell them I regret the fact that I didnt understand the invitation and need clarification!
    I agree with Sam
    DH:"I never thought I could Love someone the way I love you as much as I love you!"
  4. The Decider
    The Decider
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by His*PITA* View Post
    Love it! I don't think he'll call a stranger, though, and I don't plan on going so I don't really feel like calling.
    Next time you shop on Amazon, click through this link to help an amazing veterans' organization!

My 101 blog

5. Senior Member
    were you invited to the wedding?

this sounds kind of weird.... how can you have a shower and a rehearsal at the same time?? they don't seem related at all... and why would he be invited to the rehearsal if hes not in the wedding, or family?

anyways, i would have him call and say yay or nay.... even if it is a stranger
    R.I.P. My Love, Everyone was supposed to come home together, I'm sorry you had to come home early
  6. The Decider
    The Decider
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by azarmygf View Post
    were you invited to the wedding?

this sounds kind of weird.... how can you have a shower and a rehearsal at the same time?? they don't seem related at all... and why would he be invited to the rehearsal if hes not in the wedding, or family?

anyways, i would have him call and say yay or nay.... even if it is a stranger
    I was not invited. I don't plan on going anyway, though. It's in TX, and I have no desire to take off work for the wedding of a couple I've never met.

The shower is earlier in the day, I believe. He's not in the wedding, or family. He's known the guy for less than a year, and didn't even know the guy was married until after the fact. They may have called each other two or three times since K got out of the military in April. But he would be making a two-day drive, so maybe that has something to do with it?

I'm trying not to sound pouty, but I am really not a fan of the whole idea, which is the other reason why I would prefer not to call.

My 101 blog

7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleRed View Post
    I was not invited. I don't plan on going anyway, though. It's in TX, and I have no desire to take off work for the wedding of a couple I've never met.

The shower is earlier in the day, I believe. He's not in the wedding, or family. He's known the guy for less than a year, and didn't even know the guy was married until after the fact. They may have called each other two or three times since K got out of the military in April. But he would be making a two-day drive, so maybe that has something to do with it?

I'm trying not to sound pouty, but I am really not a fan of the whole idea, which is the other reason why I would prefer not to call.
    wait... shouldn't you want to call? it says "regrets only"....
    R.I.P. My Love, Everyone was supposed to come home together, I'm sorry you had to come home early