Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: After almost 3 years together.... FINALLY...

1. Say something nice, or keep it zipped.
    Say something nice, or keep it zipped.

Shock After almost 3 years together.... FINALLY...

Advertisements
    Well, tomorrow DF is supposed to come and get me and my cats.... He has leave, and is using that leave to sweep me away to California....

After we have been engaged for almost 3 years (and have changed our wedding date what seems a million times), 2 deployments, a change of station for him, & countless letters back & forth - I'm finally going to be moving in with him.

I haven't flown since I was 10 months old, so that alone is scaring me half to death right now... I am just so nervous. I don't know anyone out there yet, and he lives off base, so I won't get to know the other gals as easily as someone who might live on. (Besides, we aren't married yet, so I couldn't live on base even if I wanted to! And, to be quite honest, part of me kinda wants to. I actually miss living on a military base. My dad was in the Army when I was growing up, therefore, the military life seems natural to me, & frankly that part doesn't bother or scare me in the least!)

It's been a long time in coming, and now that it's looming so close, I am nervous, scared, and worried! I keep thinking to myself about all the stuff I need to do... shave my legs, paint my nails, dye my hair again, double check that the cat carriers meet the standards to travel by plane, pinch myself to be sure that I am not dreaming all of this, and make sure that my sister is going to be taking over my house {and all the bills that go along with it} once I leave (yeah, I'm leaving the house to her and her new husband, it only seems right to do that rather than sell it, as they need a place of their own, and I sure won't be using it!), pick out my flying outfit, pick out my outfit for the night that he'll be spending here in Indiana .... ALL before he gets here.

Then it hits me -- I already promised my best friend that I would spend my last day in Indiana SPOILING her kids rotten! (I don't have any kids yet, so Trae -age 6- & Josef -4 months- are my little "nephews". I love those two, and honestly, I am gonna miss the livin' crap outta them!) So, I have to make do with the fact that all of this is already done, and doesn't need checked for the bajillionth time....

Trae has an idea that I am leaving, but he doesn't get that I will not be back in a short time.... He's used to me coming by and spending a week or more at a time with them. He drew me a picture that made me cry the other day. I love Insane Clown Posse, and he did his best to draw a hatchetman for me! (If you don't know what that is, look it up, it's kinda wierd to explain.) It was just too cute! I cried when he gave it to me!

I plan to frame it, and hang it in our bedroom in Cali, and Nick (DF) can just get over it if he wonders why I have this kid's doodlings hanging up on my side of our room.

Wow, even that sounds odd.... "Our" rather than "my".... Hmmm....

Well, anyway, that was a L-O-N-G way to bring up this - Does anyone have any ideas as to how I can get better aquainted to the Camp P. area? I have never been any farther west than Chicago! lol SO yeah, this will be a HUGE change for me...

I am so scared that I am gonna get lost or that something will happen... (OMG - Cali has earthquakes, mudslides, and in the summer - WILDFIRES! Now I am scaring myself further! UGH!) Anyone from that area going to maybe be available to possibly be a person to call when DF is working, and I am utterly lost somewhere while shopping or whatever? He's a recruiter, so that gives you an idea of what his hours could be...

Hopefully things will all work out - but I'd love a shoulder to lean on other than just his... Just in case.

2. Say something nice, or keep it zipped.
    OH YEAH - I alomst forgot - Anyone know how the cats might react to the move?

3. "Never regret anything that once made you smile"
    "Never regret anything that once made you smile"
    If you are moving to Camp Pendleton then I would suggest you check out this group
    Welcome to Facebook
    I have met a lot of nice girls though there, they do meet up activities almost every day, and you can chose which ones you want to go to. The do yoga, lunches, movies, horseback riding, dog park, kayaking...anything you can think of
  4. Say something nice, or keep it zipped.
    Thanks, Alison! That should help a lot! I really do plan to be an active member of the area. Hopefully the group will accept me as a member. :-)

5. Senior Member
    Congrats!!!
  6. Senior Member

Just take it one day at a time!

Congrats to you!