Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: He admited to fears of me cheating...

1. TTC :D
    TTC :D
    Blog Entries

He admited to fears of me cheating...

Advertisements
    And I'm totally not! no no no no no no no no no no!

My best friend is coming to see me from Norfolk VA this weekend... I'm showing her the sights which includes some much needed partying (DF knows about this in full detail). I will not be wearing my rings when I go out as I have lost enough weight to go down a ring size AGAIN... and I will not risk losing my rings! so I plan on wearing some fake rings and a right hand ring as well. I told DF about this today and he responded with "well you know what will happen if you cheat on me"..... why yes, yes I do. And then his internet got really screwy and we couldn't finish our conversation. I'm hurt..... I'm not taking my rings off just to pick up dudes... I'm taking them off so that I wont lose them in a drunken stupor! I would never be able to forgive myself if i lost them... seriously I thought I lost one of them once and I tore the house APART for hours looking for it... found it later under the couch...... no clue how it got there! So after much though I wrote him the following email... to try and reassure him that I have zero tendencies of cheating (every word is the truth too... which helps ).

Ive thought about the conversation we had today, and I think we should really learn to trust each other more. It really hurts my feelings when you threaten me, as I'm sure it hurt your feelings when I was doing the same to you last week. We have to come to terms with the fact that either one of us could possibly cheat on the other at any given time. What we also need to come to terms with is the fact that we are together because we choose to be, because we love each other.

I love you so wholly and completely its like breathing. Like i have been doing it my whole life, and it hurts me so badly when you doubt my resolve to be with you. Why would I pick anyone else? Why would I want to touch anyone else? Why would I even think about that? The answer is I DON'T. There is no why because there is no reason for me to even consider being with another man. Why? Because you are perfect for me. You round me out as a person. You are what I'm not and you are also a bit of what I am. We are a match. An imperfectly perfect match. One that only comes along once in a life time, and is usually so difficult to find that most people never do. Ive always known this about you, ever since I met you I recognized you as my soul mate. The man I want to spend all my time with.. The man I want to make my life with. You are the man whose eyes I want to get lost in every day.. the man whose smile i want to melt my heart everyday for the rest of my life. Those same features that I want to see in my children because you are the ONLY man whose babies I want to have and raise.

That is WHY. Why I don't even consider cheating as a possibility, and even more of why I will never do it. Its why I wait for you to come home and absolutely why that on the day you come back home to me I will be waiting breathlessly to hold you again and show you how much I love you. Its why I can not wait to be back by your side... because its where I belong. Its the only place I want to be.

Do you think it will reassure him?
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    It was awesome that you wrote him a nice long email to reassure him and sadly, that is all you can do at this point. I don't think it is uncommon for them to feel that way when they are gone, hopefully he gets to read the email soon and it eases his mind.

BiggyBiggs...the Wifey that makes me go "WoW"
  3. Senior Member
    I don't even think he really thinks you would cheat. It's just their mindset when they can't be with you.. part of it is probably jealously, but worries about SO's cheating crosses everyone's mind when there's so much distance. Don't worry about it, he probably just missed you & that letter was so cute, I am sure he will LOVE it.

4. Formerly BooBoo_Bear
    Formerly BooBoo_Bear
    Ahhh that was sweet and I loved it! And I'm sure he will too!
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Yeah, sometimes they just need reassurance...DH had a dream the other night that I cheated, and called all freaked out about it, even though he knew that, yup, just a dream...I think you reassuring him was perfect, and I that you care enough about having a ring on when you go out that you are temporarily "replacing" them. Brilliant.
  6. Eternal Member
    Eternal Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BabyZombie View Post
    And I'm totally not! no no no no no no no no no no!

My best friend is coming to see me from Norfolk VA this weekend... I'm showing her the sights which includes some much needed partying (DF knows about this in full detail). I will not be wearing my rings when I go out as I have lost enough weight to go down a ring size AGAIN... and I will not risk losing my rings! so I plan on wearing some fake rings and a right hand ring as well. I told DF about this today and he responded with "well you know what will happen if you cheat on me"..... why yes, yes I do. And then his internet got really screwy and we couldn't finish our conversation. I'm hurt..... I'm not taking my rings off just to pick up dudes... I'm taking them off so that I wont lose them in a drunken stupor! I would never be able to forgive myself if i lost them... seriously I thought I lost one of them once and I tore the house APART for hours looking for it... found it later under the couch...... no clue how it got there! So after much though I wrote him the following email... to try and reassure him that I have zero tendencies of cheating (every word is the truth too... which helps ).

Ive thought about the conversation we had today, and I think we should really learn to trust each other more. It really hurts my feelings when you threaten me, as I'm sure it hurt your feelings when I was doing the same to you last week. We have to come to terms with the fact that either one of us could possibly cheat on the other at any given time. What we also need to come to terms with is the fact that we are together because we choose to be, because we love each other.

I love you so wholly and completely its like breathing. Like i have been doing it my whole life, and it hurts me so badly when you doubt my resolve to be with you. Why would I pick anyone else? Why would I want to touch anyone else? Why would I even think about that? The answer is I DON'T. There is no why because there is no reason for me to even consider being with another man. Why? Because you are perfect for me. You round me out as a person. You are what I'm not and you are also a bit of what I am. We are a match. An imperfectly perfect match. One that only comes along once in a life time, and is usually so difficult to find that most people never do. Ive always known this about you, ever since I met you I recognized you as my soul mate. The man I want to spend all my time with.. The man I want to make my life with. You are the man whose eyes I want to get lost in every day.. the man whose smile i want to melt my heart everyday for the rest of my life. Those same features that I want to see in my children because you are the ONLY man whose babies I want to have and raise.

That is WHY. Why I don't even consider cheating as a possibility, and even more of why I will never do it. Its why I wait for you to come home and absolutely why that on the day you come back home to me I will be waiting breathlessly to hold you again and show you how much I love you. Its why I can not wait to be back by your side... because its where I belong. Its the only place I want to be.

Do you think it will reassure him?
    Heck, I'm not your guy and that totally reassures me lol That truly was beautiful, you worded that so well!
  7. Don't stop believing <3
    Don't stop believing <3
    Wow, that was AMAZING.
  8. Regular Member
    LOL i'm about to steal some of your lines to say to my DB! That letter was soo nice and I know he will love it!
    Whatever souls are made of, his and mine are the same.