Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: I love him

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

I love him

Advertisements
    My boyfriend is in the coastguard. We have been together for a little over a year. He has been in the coastguard for almost 8 years so he has adjusted to military life. I on the other hand have trouble sometimes. I worry about him especially when he has to go away. When I don't hear from him I get worried. I even called his work a few times which apparently you aren't supposed to do because he got in trouble. I love him with all my heart and would do anything for him. I want him to be happy and I don't want to lose him. The thought of not having him around scares me. I know we belong together...he even has a ring and one day is going to pop the question. But I have to learn to relax or it will never happen. How do I not worry about him? How do I not let the worry take over and become pure panic. Please give me some advice! I need him in my life forever. I want to show him that I can do this, that I support him, love him, and would do anything for him.
  2. "Never regret anything that once made you smile"
    "Never regret anything that once made you smile"
    Its hard not to worry. What I do is just trust him. I know that he will call me when he can, and if he can't then no news is good news
  3. Senior Member
    Agree with PP. Also just know you will learn how to handle your emotions, how to decompress, and how to know when to worry for real. There is no easy way to learn this you just learn as you go. Trust and Communication (its not the quantity but the quality here) are very important.
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Why would you call your DB at work, military or civilian???
  5. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    I don't know. Like I said I just worry about hime too much sometimes. I just don't want anything to happen to him.