Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: A Little Help Here!!!

1. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie

A Little Help Here!!!

Advertisements
    So Df and I have been getting along pretty well lately and we have been talking about setting a date for our wedding. Well he comes home very soon but only for a few days. He asked if I would marry him while he is here... We would just go down to the courthouse and have a 2nd wedding later when we have the time and money to plan it. However, its so close and I am not really sure what I want to do. I want to marry him and I honestly don't mind going to the courthouse but everyone we know and love would freak out!!! He told me a few days before that we would hve to do it behind everyones back because his parents for one would be very disappointed but I said I would rather they all know whats going on. Then 2 days later he says it doesnt matter we can tell them and that he doesnt care what they think.... Its like he doesnt know what he really wants. What do you think? Should we go through with it? Just curious to see your point of view!
  2. Stephanie
    Stephanie

Do what you guys feel is right. I wouldn't really worry about what everyone else thinks. If you are questioning it just be sure u don't have any doubts b4 u guys go through with it.

3. Eternal Member
    Eternal Member
    If you're not sure, then don't. Sounds like it's going to be rushed. Better hold off on it.
  4. "Never regret anything that once made you smile"
    "Never regret anything that once made you smile"
    I think you should do what your are comfortable with. My friend got married and keept it a secret. I got married at the courthouse and I am planning a 2nd wedding. I know others who waited to have a real wedding. There is no wrong or right way to do it, whatever you guys are comfortable with.
  5. Lurker Extraordinaire
    Lurker Extraordinaire
    Just because you seem so unsure about it, I'd say you should wait. Ultimately, do what feels right to both of you, but you don't seem particularly comfortable with this plan. Is it important to you to have all of your loved ones around with you when you "officially" get married, or are you happy to have a ceremony with them later when the timing is better? It's a personal question that you have to answer for yourself, and you and your DB will need to discuss.
    "Life has taught us that love does not consist in gazing at each other but in looking outward together in the same direction." ~Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Starting Today: 101 things in 1001 days
  6. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    For the record =) I am absolutely 110% positive I want to marry him. I don't want to make it sound like I am doubting him at all. My only problem is do I want to do it so rushed? I don't mind going to the courthouse and having a ceremony later. I just don't want to rush into it and regret it. But then again will regret not doing it? When we first got engaged in September we planned on a January wedding but his leave dates kept changing. So now again I have to quickly decide on my future =( This is so frustrating.