Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Military Ball

1. Finally a Pharmacist and Wife to a Civilian!!
    Finally a Pharmacist and Wife to a Civilian!!

Question Military Ball

Advertisements
    Hey! So this is one of those super girlie questions about dresses. DB is actually going to be home from deployment this year for his military ball and he asked me to go with him. Well, I don't know what type of things people wear. And I can't really ask him (he's a guy and would tell me something pretty). So can someone with experience help me out? Things like length and colors/prints/beading. Also the level of exposure. I've seen ones with super low backs or ones with the mid-portion out of the back out, things like that. I'm just not sure. Help is appreciated!
    There is no medicine like hope, no incentive so great, and no tonic so powerful
    as expectation of something better tomorrow.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    Tigger_pink is my MSOS wifey JoJoBannana is my twin
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    you could get away with a floor length gown or a tea-length dress, as far as colors/desgins/beading and that kinda stuff, it really just depends on your style, I cant really think of any "no no's" when it comes to that.

As far as exposure... IMO be modest, you dont have to look like a nun, but understand this is a work event where you are going to be around his co-workers and higher ups... You dont want your boobs falling out or it cut low enough in the back where you can see your bottom... little classy cleavage isn't going to kill anyone and maybe 1/2 back exposure... just my two cents.
  3. Regular Member
    I have been to 4 balls since we been in the Army. They all have been floor lenght and simple.

I have worn something similar like this for the last ball.
    Prom Dress, Long Prom Dresses,-Jessica McClintock
  4. Finally a Pharmacist and Wife to a Civilian!!
    Finally a Pharmacist and Wife to a Civilian!!
    Thanks for the help! I'm going to looking today. Luckily modest is my style! I really appreciate your help! It's interesting trying to figure out all this stuff. DB has been in Afghanistan longer than he's been in the states so we're both clueless . Me more so than him . Every time I turn around there is something else.
    There is no medicine like hope, no incentive so great, and no tonic so powerful
    as expectation of something better tomorrow.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    Tigger_pink is my MSOS wifey JoJoBannana is my twin