Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Memory with your Man

1. Senior Member

Love Favorite Memory with your Man

Advertisements
    [or lady, I should say ]

So I was looking through some old pictures of when DB and I met almost 3 years ago and thinking of all the fun cutesy little new-love things we used to do. Anyways, it got me to thinking about some really good memories, and I was wondering...

What is your favorite memory with your SO? (and when in your relationship did it occur?)

I have lots to chose from, but I think mine was when I was studying abroad in Florence about 3 months after we had started dating, and DB came to visit me (I know, we were super serious way early in our relationship) and we went to Rome for a weekend. We went to the Vatican, St. Peter's Basilica and the Pantheon all in one day and then we had to kill some time before dinner so we just decided to walk around some back streets and came across this cute little church so A talked me into going inside. Just as I was saying "yeah right, we saw St. Peter's Basilica today, no church is ever going to compare to that" I was floored. We walked into the most beautiful church I can't even describe. I am not a very religious person, but I was literally moved to tears. I couldn't believe that this church existed, I've never seen anything so beautiful in my life.

So DB takes my hand and motions with his head towards the Altar and says, "walk with me. Let's just imagine what it would be like to ever get married here" So we walked up the aisle and kissed in front of the altar and it was just so magical. We promised each other that if we could ever afford to fly our families out we would get married there. We still talk about it to this day... it would be our DREAM wedding, but it will never happen, but we have also considered renewing our vows there years and years down the line.

Anyways, sorry I rambled, but tell me about your favorite memory!
  2. Senior Member

Cloud 9

i think my fave memory with db was when i when to his graduation and we were in our hotel room (his mom and sister went with me soooo it was all g rated ) but anyways i was watching him sleep and thinking how much i love him when he wakes up and smiles at me says hey and kisses me......he told me how much my kisses meant to him esp since he then knew what it was like to be without me and he hated every min of it it may not sound like much but to me it was the best feeling ever i was on oh and this all happened almost 2 yrs ago but me and db have been together 4 yrs now in may
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    OMG that's beautiful!! What a great memory!

My last full day with DB when I visited him...I was so happy. We snuggled all morning, looked up fun things to do in Louisville, then went out for the day! Since we were going out to dinner at the end of the day, we got all dressed up for the whole day. He looked so dashing. First two places we tried to go were both closed, which made DB feel bad. Then we went to the Louisville Slugger Museum, which was more fun than I thought it would be, and it was fun just doing something cute with him like that. Then he told me to put an address in the GPS that didn't have a label next to it, so I asked him what it was and he said "a store". I asked "why kind of store?" he said, "the kind that sells stuff". finally he told me it was a jewelry store. We went in and looked at all the rings and I told him what I liked and we held hands and it was so...I don't even know...but thinking about it makes me smile a lot. Then we went to dinner at the restaurant we'd found online and it was the greatest!! Amazing food, our server was great (described one of the desserts as "the bomb.com"), ambiance was great and there was a cello & guitar duo. Then we went to see "The Losers", and just enjoyed each other's company on the drive. We ended up having a really serious conversation on the drive home...but I think that's part of what made the day so great. Being apart so much we just don't get to have those kind of talks a lot...and it was so food for us to get the chance to really be honest with one another.

Mine was long too! Don't feel bad!

I'm Baaaaaaaack
  4. Senior Member
    Mine was New Years 2010...we danced in my kitchen...I know it sounds simple, but here's the back-story on that...when I was younger...probably elementary school age...I was watching The Newlywed Game...where they have to answer questions about eachother...well if you've ever seen the show, you know when they first introduce the three couples, they give a little fun fact about them...one of the couples fact was, "They like to slow-dance in their kitchen." That moment I decided that it what I wanted in a man...of course, that is ALL I want...but I've always said that that would be the man for me...so when he made my little school girl dream come true...I was sold! Shii....I was sold way before that...that was just the icing on the cake!
  5. He said:"I see a beautiful angel and feel perfection!"
    He said:"I see a beautiful angel and feel perfection!"
    Blog Entries
    There are too many beautiful memories with DF and I relieve all of them till he comes back home because he said we will make new memories as husband and wife. 3 1/2 months till we say "I Do"
    I still remember our first night together that's when we fell in love.
    DH:"I never thought I could Love someone the way I love you as much as I love you!"
  6. MissOptimistic
    MissOptimistic
    Blog Entries
    There are too many! I really love remembering the first night we met in person, (we met online during a deployment) anyways we were going to dinner, and as we were walking up the little path to the restaurant door, he grabbed my hand. for some reason I always remember that one thing. Maybe because it was all SO new, and still really comfortable. Corny, I know.
  7. Senior Member
    Aw I love all of your stories!! And I am loving how these are all little moments and simple things like time together. I thought mine was going to be kind of lame, but I guess it is those special moments that make a relationship everything it is! AH I love you girls!

KEEP EM COMING! I wanna hear more
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyndsay View Post
    Mine was New Years 2010...we danced in my kitchen...I know it sounds simple, but here's the back-story on that...when I was younger...probably elementary school age...I was watching The Newlywed Game...where they have to answer questions about eachother...well if you've ever seen the show, you know when they first introduce the three couples, they give a little fun fact about them...one of the couples fact was, "They like to slow-dance in their kitchen." That moment I decided that it what I wanted in a man...of course, that is ALL I want...but I've always said that that would be the man for me...so when he made my little school girl dream come true...I was sold! Shii....I was sold way before that...that was just the icing on the cake!
    something similar happened with me and DB- I always said the guy for me would take two fingers and gently lift up my chin if I was pouty and sad and looking down... and then kiss me on the forehead and make everything all better. And DB did that like one of the first nights we hung out (haha I didn't want anything serious at that point and told him "you aren't supposed to do that", but secretly I thought it was the most romantic thing ever)
  9. Senior Member
    Ok, the first time it didnt post so I shall try this again, lol.

Ive had many many wonderful memories with hubby in the 8 years we've been together. But I do have a few that stick out.... A few months into our relationship ( right before we got engaged) I got called into work on a day I was supposed to take Seth to therapy and no one else could take him. Josh offered to take him and I was REALLY nervous because Seth didnt deal with change well at all. Well I go into work and my boss had found someone to cover for me since she knew my situation. I wouldnt make it home in time so I decided to just meet them there. When I got there they were already in with the therapist so I kinda snuck in and watched. Josh was on the floor trying to get Seth to see the doll and say "Doll", after about 5 minutes Seth looked and said "Doll" everyone cheered and Seth jumped up and said "Hug" and when Josh hugged him (their first hug) there was tears in his eyes. Until that moment I hadnt realized how scared I was of them never connecting. I knew he loved me but right then I saw that he could love my son too. It sounds weird but his own dad couldn't handle being around him.... Picturing thme hug and the love on his face and him cry is still one of the best memories I have, I know Im not in it really but thats a huge one

Ill post another one later that is actually me and him...lol
  10. Eternal Member
    Eternal Member
    There are too many, just like everyone else said, but my favorite was last June when we were outside by the fire, he played a love song, and we danced under the stars at 2am. It was magical and very loving.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast