Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Warm fuzzies, rainbows and butterflies...

1. I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.

Love Warm fuzzies, rainbows and butterflies...

Advertisements
    This is a warm fuzzy thread about what you're thankful for.

For me:

I just looked over at my sleeping husband and thought, "God, how did I get so lucky?" That ever happen with you and your SO? I don't believe any marriage or relationship is perfect, and I know that mine isn't, but everything we go through, both the good and bad, only brings us that much closer together. I honestly didn't know it was possible to love someone so much that words can't even begin to express it. I got married young and had so many bring me down for it, but he and I both knew what we wanted, and that was each other...so what the rest of the world thought, didn't matter. We were told we wouldn't make it 6 months, and now we're going on two years. We've had our arguments, we've had our fights, but never have we regretted our decision. I am so thankful to have found such an amazing friend, lover, and husband that I couldn't ever imagine living without, and don't want to ever try to.

So...what are you thankful for?

2. Senior Member
    Hmm. I'm glad you posted this. It was nice to read. I got married young as well.
    I have to agree with everything you wrote.

But, I honestly was just thinking about an hour ago, the exact same thing. About how thankful I was for my husband and what a wonderful man he is, how well we mesh and how lucky I am to have met someone who treats me as well as he does.
  3. Ready to let the dogs out?
    Ready to let the dogs out?
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.Nimkumpoop View Post
    I just looked over at my sleeping husband and thought, "God, how did I get so lucky?" That ever happen with you and your SO? I don't believe any marriage or relationship is perfect, and I know that mine isn't, but everything we go through, both the good and bad, only brings us that much closer together. I honestly didn't know it was possible to love someone so much that words can't even begin to express it.
    I'm COMPLETELY with you.

Every time that DF and I have been together and he's fallen asleep before me I can't help but just to stare at him in awe. Well, in between his loud ass snores But it's amazing to me that he chose me to marry and wants to spend the rest of his life with me.

4. LT
    Hmm when i look over at my husband sleeping i think "shit i wish he'd stop that effing snoring"

I just love him, i love how he cleaned the kitchen tonight most of all

5. Senior Member
    Awww! I just thought that a little bit ago. I'm amazed every day at how much I love DF and how much joy and light he brings into my life. He honestly makes me a much better person. Neither of us are perfect people, but the way we love each other is pretty much pure bliss for me.

I'm thankful for his kids too. They're all wonderful and accepted me and love me in that pure, innocent way only kids can. I can't even express the amount they have taught me about love in such a short time, it's amazing.
  6. I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    Quote Originally Posted by abigail View Post
    Hmm. I'm glad you posted this. It was nice to read. I got married young as well.
    I have to agree with everything you wrote.

But, I honestly was just thinking about an hour ago, the exact same thing. About how thankful I was for my husband and what a wonderful man he is, how well we mesh and how lucky I am to have met someone who treats me as well as he does.
    It's great to hear the good things sometimes too. We all have those days of "venting" and wanting to them, but every now and then we need to sit back and remember what makes them special to us.

Quote Originally Posted by *Larz* View Post
    I'm COMPLETELY with you.

Every time that DF and I have been together and he's fallen asleep before me I can't help but just to stare at him in awe. Well, in between his loud ass snores But it's amazing to me that he chose me to marry and wants to spend the rest of his life with me.
    And want to know the best part about that, is I can guarantee you he thinks the same thing about you

Quote Originally Posted by LT View Post
    Hmm when i look over at my husband sleeping i think "shit i wish he'd stop that effing snoring"

I just love him, i love how he cleaned the kitchen tonight most of all

That's okay, most nights, not tonight apparently, but most nights I look over and think "Will this mofo stopped freakin' twitching"

7. Senior Member
    I know I have been blessed a lot in my life, but my family is what Im most thankful for.

My oldest son changed my outlook on my life. He made me want better things for us. he made me realize I had to be a grown up and speak up and out. He helped me realize that I could do anything.

That me and husband connected when we did. Neither of us was realtionship bound when we met but once we got together it all just fit we didnt ever want to be apart, it sounds stupid and corny but we complete each other. We still fight and poke at each other but hes my best friend and the past 8 years have FLOWN by.

Liam is my monster We busted our butts to have him and I have gotten to realize the joys of being a SAHM his whole life so far. Watching him experience everything and being so innocent is amazing to me. Both boys rae night and day and I love that they are SOO different. Im thankful that after having one child that hates physical contact (this isnt a complaint, its a sensery problem that we deal with) I have my cuddle bug, lol.

My family has helped shaped me into the person I am and Im eternally thankful for that.
  8. I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larissa View Post
    Awww! I just thought that a little bit ago. I'm amazed every day at how much I love DF and how much joy and light he brings into my life. He honestly makes me a much better person. Neither of us are perfect people, but the way we love each other is pretty much pure bliss for me.

I'm thankful for his kids too. They're all wonderful and accepted me and love me in that pure, innocent way only kids can. I can't even express the amount they have taught me about love in such a short time, it's amazing.
    Aw, that's so sweet

I think that's the important part that people sometimes forget. We are all human, therefore we make mistakes, but if you can learn from them and grow together, as a couple, that's what makes you strong.

9. I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat1983 View Post
    I know I have been blessed a lot in my life, but my family is what Im most thankful for.

My oldest son changed my outlook on my life. He made me want better things for us. he made me realize I had to be a grown up and speak up and out. He helped me realize that I could do anything.

That me and husband connected when we did. Neither of us was realtionship bound when we met but once we got together it all just fit we didnt ever want to be apart, it sounds stupid and corny but we complete each other. We still fight and poke at each other but hes my best friend and the past 8 years have FLOWN by.

Liam is my monster We busted our butts to have him and I have gotten to realize the joys of being a SAHM his whole life so far. Watching him experience everything and being so innocent is amazing to me. Both boys rae night and day and I love that they are SOO different. Im thankful that after having one child that hates physical contact (this isnt a complaint, its a sensery problem that we deal with) I have my cuddle bug, lol.

My family has helped shaped me into the person I am and Im eternally thankful for that.
    Children can be such a blessing, and I'm so glad they've shown you so much and as I'm sure you have helped them in so many ways, it's nice to know that they could also help you.

It doesn't sound corny to me, because I know exactly what you mean. When I'm not with DH it feels as if a part of me is missing.

10. ive never been so alone, and ive never been so alive
    ive never been so alone, and ive never been so alive
    well i dont have kids, and am stiiilllll single.

but i am grateful that things are finally working out lately. im finally moving to SF in a month and ive been trying to go for years and it was never the right time. thats the biggest thing im grateful for lately. and i cannot express how much i love and cherish my friends. theyve been my support and humor and everything else i could ever hope for
    "Will you tell me what you saw and I'll tell you what you missed, when the ocean met the sky. "
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast