Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Saying "I love you" in front of parents

1. Senior Member

Saying "I love you" in front of parents

Advertisements
    So probably not for you "ollllldddd" fogies that are happily married and junk

But I'm 22, DB is 26. Hence BOYFRIEND. Anyways, saying "I love you" in front of my parents makes me feel SOOOO awkward. Muy mucho much awkward-o.

I'm only asking cus DB is in the car for 2 more hours with his parents (they're visiting him) and we have barely talked since they've been there. Then theres the 3 hour time difference... He called to chat for a bit on the drive home, but all 3 of them are in the car. I said "bye love you" and he said "yea... me too." As a joke I started making a big deal out of it to see if he'd say it, "what? oh come onnnnn, i LOOOVEEE YOU BABY! Tell me you love me!!!!" but he didn't! Then 10 seconds later he texted me "I love you too" lmao. I'm not really mad, hehe, i understand the awkwardness. But still. Anybody??
  2. Senior Member
    Haha when DB and I first said I love you, the next morning he said "you aren't gonna make me say it all the time, are you". He was like a little kid scared of people knowing or something- not like they couldn't tell that we were in love just by looking at us.

I guess it is a guy thing. I've learned to just let it go, now he says it after almost every call and when he doesn't that's okay too. Guys are so funny about those things
  3. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

When dh was db, we said it all the time in front of both sets of parents.
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
  4. Senior Member
    ANNNNNNND I totally ignored your question about parents... DB is the same way with his parents as he is when he is with his buddies. He would say it, but it would be really quiet and he hopes nobody hears him.
  5. Banned
    Banned
    We say I love you in front of both our parents. It's not awkward at all but I'm very close with his family and visa versa

However, I have seen/been in relationships where it is a little weird, so i wouldn't get too upset about it-thats common. If he were acting that way in front of friends, thats when I get upset!
  6. Senior Member
    When we were just boyfriend/girlfriend, it didn't bother us to say in front of our parents. We have been married just over 3 years now.

7. I just can't even...
    I just can't even...
    Blog Entries
    Dh has never really not said it except for when we would talk on the phone while he was in A school if he was around other guys. But any other time he would say it. It's never really been a big deal though.
  8. The name says it all!
    The name says it all!

Db and I say it to each other all the time, but being the "old foggies" we are, our parents aren't really around to hear us say it, you know? We do say it at least once a day to each other though. I think it's extremely sweet, but that could just be me.

DH: Thank you. ME: For what, babe? DH: For being you.

9. Senior Member
    Im more old fashion then DF is. I say, "I love you" in front of my parents and I hold hands but thats about it. A kiss here and there.
    DF says "I love you" in front of his parents and is super affectionate. It makes me uncomfortable bc I dont like groping in front of people but hes not afraid to say what he feels.

Maybe your DB just is more of a "Keeps to himself" type of guy? Or maybe he is not close enough to his parents to let them know how he is feeling.
  10. HardxCore New Yorker.
    HardxCore New Yorker.
    When dh was db I was nervouse to say 'i love you' in front of my parents. I remember when I did once my mom gave me this 'wtf?' look. =[ But now that he's dh I say it in front of her all the time =D
    -Brittni

Together since December 15th, 2003. Married since August 8th, 2009
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast