Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weve hit a low point

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Weve hit a low point

Advertisements
    We just barely hit the one year mark, and this is the lowest its been ever. Weve hit rough spots before, but this one feels different. We had 4 days off this past weekend, and we had two of the kids too. I dont know if was the stress of the kids not listening, along with all the holiday stuff, and spending 24/7 with just all of us, plus :auntflo is due to make here appearance today...it was all just pretty stressful and very much not what were use to. We got really irritated easily and short with each other. And now, its just all weird feeling. Theres no laughing and playing like usual, barely any talking to each other, no touching what so ever. I really dont like this feeling at all.

We decided to go out this Saturday night since were kid free and I have Sunday off. But he really doesnt want to go out, he just wants to stay home and work on the cars. I told him that he can easily work on the cars during the day and at night we can go out. He said we could, but he'd probably be too tired from working on the cars to want to go out and do something. If his friends want him to go out and do stuff, he's all for it, but if its me wanting it, its a totally different story. All I want is one night to go out and have fun with him. Is that really too much to ask for?

I feel so stupid for feeling like this cuz this weird feeling has only been here a few days. I want it to go away already. I dont like it.

Sorry, just had to get that out to someone other than DB before I went crazy.
  2. Senior Member
    I'm sorry. Everyone goes through rough patches, you are not alone love.

DH and I hit one about a year ago and I just KNEW it was over...but we just eventually came back around.

You two just seem very stressed out. It'll be good to "make" him go out this weekend. OR you could just stay home with a movie and order some pizza or cook dinner together!

3. <3 <3 <3
    <3 <3 <3
    ^^ Girl, I'm feeling JUST like you right now! My DB would just as soon work on cars and hang with his friends before seeing me. It sucks. I'm hoping, as are you, that our rough point goes away. PM me if you wanna talk.
  4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by USCsemperfi View Post
    I'm sorry. Everyone goes through rough patches, you are not alone love.

DH and I hit one about a year ago and I just KNEW it was over...but we just eventually came back around.

You two just seem very stressed out. It'll be good to "make" him go out this weekend. OR you could just stay home with a movie and order some pizza or cook dinner together!

The bold is something we do often, but he always falls asleep or gets bored so he plays video games.

A bunch of his buddies just came back from the desert, so we were going to go out with them and just have some fun. But I guess another guy is having a going away party next weekend, so DB just wants to wait to hang til then. But knowing my luck, Ill have to work both days next weekend, so I wouldnt be able to "let loose". IDK I just want us to go out and have fun, get a little crazy, with or without friends. De-stress. Ya know.
  5. Senior Member
    I hope things get better for you soon and that those feeling go away. Maybe you should talk to him about it
  6. Mermaids4Lyfe, YO!
    Mermaids4Lyfe, YO!

It was probably the stress of the kiddos, holiday, etc, getting to you guys.
    You could always drag him over to Froggie's so the men can sit around working on cars all day
  7. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nursejessica52 View Post
    I hope things get better for you soon and that those feeling go away. Maybe you should talk to him about it
    Weve tried talking about it, more than a couple times just in the past two days. But it mainly consists of him asking me what Im thinking and feeling and vice versa, and us both just saying it feels weird and "different" than normal. He keeps saying that everything will be okay and we'll get over it, but I think my emotions from AF are getting the best of me and I keep wondering if it really will be okay.
  8. I'm sorry for the things I said when I was hungry.
    I'm sorry for the things I said when I was hungry.
    Blog Entries
    that's a sucky feeling. i hope things work themselves out quickly

9. I just can't even...
    I just can't even...
    Blog Entries
    At least you two have open communication and have both addressed the situation. If he feels like you both will get over it then that seems like a positive sign! Just give it some time and maybe in a day or 2 bring up again that you want the 2 of you to go out on a date Sat night (or whenever) and do something fun. Suggest that doing something out of the ordinary might get you back on track and feeling the way you used to!
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Why don't you come hang out with me this weekend. Not sure what we are doing except hanging out. Don't stay couped up in the house all day and night with him. Get out and do SOMETHING even if its just YOU!

He REALLY needs to do something with you instead of putting it off till next week just cause he wants to hang with his friends.

Hun if it feels weird now... is it going to get better later or stay the same? That is why you guys need a bigger place. Your so crammed up in that small place theres no 'space' for you guys to 'miss' each other.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast