Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lately I've been thinking about...

1. Senior Member

Lately I've been thinking about...

Advertisements
    The fact that DB and I have been together my entire college experience +some. I've been having a lot of anxiety over whether or not he is the right guy for me, because I haven't seen what else is out there I guess.

I love DB with all of my heart, and I know that I would have a very blessed life with him, but is it wrong to have these fears? Has anyone else experienced this? Blahhhh :-(
  2. Eternity isnt enough time with him...
    Eternity isnt enough time with him...
    i truely believe...... you know when you know. and if youre having second guesses or concerns maybe he's not THE (only) one. but i also believe i am VERY blessed and honestly think that NOT everyone finds what i have found in my DF...

i hope you figure it out!! i guess im not much help (lol) sorry.

God Bless.
    .:.God Bless.:.
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ASPSLS View Post
    i truely believe...... you know when you know. and if youre having second guesses or concerns maybe he's not THE (only) one. but i also believe i am VERY blessed and honestly think that NOT everyone finds what i have found in my DF...

God Bless.
    This is what I'm wondering... And yes, any advice is helpful so thank you!
  4. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ASPSLS View Post

God Bless.
    completely
  5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I've experienced the same doubts, which is why I kept saying no to DB for so long...and after seeing what else was out there...I made the right choice and started dating DB. Don't try to fix what ain't broken, but if you're seriously thinking that he might not be the one for you, maybe step back and think about what it is you think you're missing?

I'm Baaaaaaaack
  6. Senior Member
    When you've been with someone for a long time, and things start to get serious, sometimes you do start to have doubts. I mean the phrase "cold feet" exists for a reason. But, maybe you do need to see what else is out there to soothe your fears.
  7. Senior Member
    It is very natural to think these things. You have two options
    explore them
    don't explore them

If you want to explore because something is lacking, you should
    If you want to explore just because you've been with the same person a while, and can, I would think twice, IMO

I was with DH through my whole college experience. Of course you wonder. I didn't want what else was out there and stayed true to my DH. We have built a wonderful life together, 21 years later. It is just a matter of what you want.
    Last edited by Judi89; 04-07-2010 at 08:39 AM.

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." - President Ronald Reagan
  8. Senior Member
    I agree with all the girls. I think it's normal to get "cold feet". I also believe that when you meet your prince, you'll know he's the right one. My granny always says sometimes you need to try one a few different pairs of shoes (meaning relationships) before you find that right pair of shoes that fit just right.
  9. Senior Member
    I think that it is natural to have doubts...especially if you haven't dated around...but honestly look at it this way...You are lucky you found such a great guy who makes you happy and didn't have to go through all the crap of dating shitty guys

However you can't take the feelings you are having lightly....don't marry him unless you are 100% sure he is the one forever!
  10. Senior Member
    It's the seven-year itch. Not the Maralyn Monroe movie. There's a tendency(sp?) in any long-term situation to start feeling froggy after seven to ten years.

Like Judi said, if you're unhappy or feel something is lacking in your relationship, then jump. If it's just that you're feeling left out, seriously consider what you will be losing.
    It's true I must be going, but I swear I won't be long
    There isn't that much ocean between Boston and St. Johns
    -Great Big Sea, Boston and St. Johns
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast