Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2 years without sex?!

1. * Carpe Diem *
    * Carpe Diem *

Wow 2 years without sex?!

Advertisements
    I didn't really know where to post this, hopefully this is the right place.

I am literally shocked after yesturday. I don't know how my mother and I (who don't have a good relationship) got on the sex topic. She informed me that she hasn't had ANYTHING in TWO YEARS!!

I WOULD DIE! hahahaha then i thought..hmm maybe that's why she is always cranky and bitchy and hated when DF and i would be mushy lovey dovey. HA!

I told DF this morning that I don't care how long we are married...there will be sex involved. TWO YEARS!?! i mean i heard that "oh once you get married there goes the sex"...but come on now, i think it's healthy and good to have sex when your married, why stop the fun,sexy and excitement? My parents got married when my mom was 19 (same age i will be when DF and I get married). & now I worry......will the sex,fun, and affection just go away...
    how do you ladies feel about this? is the myth true about once you get married the sex goes out the window?

Deployment #1:March 2010-September2010:SURVIVED

DF:"I love you with all my heart and soul, that's one thing that will never change"
    --Emily1820- My fortune cookie est:7.25.2010
  2. Senior Member
    Um, no sex does not always go out the window after a long marriage. I've been married 21 years and am quite happy... That is so private though, to be putting out there. I know we don't know your mom, but somehow it just feels like bad ju-ju sharing that extremely private information...

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." - President Ronald Reagan
  3. * Carpe Diem *
    * Carpe Diem *
    Quote Originally Posted by Judi View Post
    Um, no sex does not always go out the window after a long marriage. I've been married 21 years and am quite happy... That is so private though, to be putting out there. I know we don't know your mom, but somehow it just feels like bad ju-ju sharing that extremely private information...
    lol she knows i posted this and doesnt mind, cause like you said no one really knows her haha. i told her i think its crap that just because your married, and you have kids, you cant still be affectionate with your husband and have fun you know? i think that having some fun is healthy, and keeps things interesting and fresh in a relationship. I know a lot of you are married, and was just asking your opinion on this "when you get married the affection goes out the window"..

DF:"I love you with all my heart and soul, that's one thing that will never change"
  4. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    nudi judi is a freak in the bed
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

5. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by babydoll09 View Post
    lol she knows i posted this and doesnt mind, cause like you said no one really knows her haha. i told her i think its crap that just because your married, and you have kids, you cant still be affectionate with your husband and have fun you know? i think that having some fun is healthy, and keeps things interesting and fresh in a relationship. I know a lot of you are married, and was just asking your opinion on this "when you get married the affection goes out the window"..
    Affection and sex are two different things...

Have you thought that it may not be her...

And on a sidenote...I would not want my daughter posting about my sex or lack of sex life. Creepy.
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MacNCheese View Post
    nudi judi is a freak in the bed
    , I'm just sayin

Quote Originally Posted by decks View Post

And on a sidenote...I would not want my daughter posting about my sex or lack of sex life. Creepy.
    To the bolded: Decks = Yoda

I would put a foot in my DD's ass if she posted anything about my DH and I and our intimacy

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." - President Ronald Reagan
  7. Senior Member
    And sex does not make a marriage. I can tell you right now as a military spouse there will be times that you will go without sex. And it could be 2 years. Shoot it could be more than that.

But no, sex and affection do not automatically go out the window once you get married. Not even when you have been married for years. But most marriages go through spans where the sex is not as often as before.
  8. * Carpe Diem *
    * Carpe Diem *
    Quote Originally Posted by decks View Post

i'm talking about both affection and sex...

it's not creepy, i have a lot of friends that are married as well and have made this statement. talking about it earlier made me curious if this really does happen. i started talking to a lot of my married friends (we are very open about stuff and talk about anything, some people may not be like this but we do talk about everything). some say they gave up on sex or being affectionate because they have had kids and for the women they dont feel attractive anymore, or they are soo stressed with everything that they just dont want to have sex ever. this topic does seem interesting to me, why the affection and everything stops, and why it should be in a relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by Southern-momma View Post
    And sex does not make a marriage. I can tell you right now as a military spouse there will be times that you will go without sex. And it could be 2 years. Shoot it could be more than that.

But no, sex and affection do not automatically go out the window once you get married. Not even when you have been married for years. But most marriages go through spans where the sex is not as often as before.
    I totally understand that sex does not make a marriage, never said or thought it did. I understand it is different with military spouses of course since thier SO is away, i get that. I just think that when people get married, and have kids, they shouldnt like give up on themselves or thier love life in any way. I know some people who have been married for over 20 years who are opposite, they are always having date night, and time for the 2 of them, and also keep things fun, still write love notes and poems and stuff like that.

9. Looking for the sunshine...
    Looking for the sunshine...

Your marriage is what you make of it...be it newlyweds or wedded for a long time. With respect a deep love can and usually does evolve. Generally a healthy marriage makes for a wonderful sex life.

I've had a healthy marriage for 25+ years....I shall say no more.
  10. * Carpe Diem *
    * Carpe Diem *
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayo View Post
    Your marriage is what you make of it...be it newlyweds or wedded for a long time. With respect a deep love can and usually does evolve. Generally a healthy marriage makes for a wonderful sex life.

I've had a healthy marriage for 25+ years....I shall say no more.

i think it's cute, the couples that still go out on date nights and think of themselves every once in a while even with kids,stress,and careers.

One of my married friends, they go out every other friday night for dinner and a movie "date night". i think its awesome They both get dressed up and they say it's like the first date all over again

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast