Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: For those who are married...

1. Senior Member

For those who are married...

Advertisements
    What is your best advice for married couples?

Mine is actually from my dad, but never go to bed mad at each other. (And if you have to, at least tell them that you love them.)

2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bitz View Post
    What is your best advice for married couples?

Mine is actually from my dad, but never go to bed mad at each other. (And if you have to, at least tell them that you love them.)
    With the extra, great advice.

mine "Don't try to change her."
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  3. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

Always kiss eachother hello and goodbye (even if you are angry), you never know it may be the last time you ever kiss them

4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Talk it out is the best way to work it out!
    with all the other's too!
  5. Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    My grandmother's advice was something like this... and I remember she wrote it down for me when I married my exhusband: "Marriage is not 50/50. Each person must give 100% most of the time." It really struck me when DF, not long after we started dating but when things were looking pretty serious said almost the exact same thing to me.

My parents' advice was this: Make friends with couples who have good marriages. I never realized how important that was, but it really makes a lot of sense. It's interesting how the company you keep can affect your own marriage even if you think you're immune to external influences like that. It can really rub off though!
    Beth, Mama to Emmalee (12), Evan (9), and Ella (4 on May 7) (I really REALLY need to update my picture!)
  6. Senior Member
    I'm not married, but the best advice came from DB's mom "always know the next time you will see each other" and it has helped so much, we always have a point on the horizon where we will know we will be together. We try to put it tentatively further in the future, so that if it changes, it will be a happy surprise and not a sad one.
  7. Lima Oscar Victor Echo
    Lima Oscar Victor Echo
    Quote Originally Posted by SandyKay View Post
    Always kiss eachother hello and goodbye (even if you are angry), you never know it may be the last time you ever kiss them
    DH does it even when we are arguing!

Pick your battles....bite your tongue sometimes, its not worth it
  8. Senior Member
    Be the first to apologize.
    Wash dishes and cook together.
    Have a date night as often as possible.
  9. Senior Member
    dont sweat the small stuff
  10. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BethM View Post
    My grandmother's advice was something like this... and I remember she wrote it down for me when I married my exhusband: "Marriage is not 50/50. Each person must give 100% most of the time." It really struck me when DF, not long after we started dating but when things were looking pretty serious said almost the exact same thing to me.

My parents' advice was this: Make friends with couples who have good marriages. I never realized how important that was, but it really makes a lot of sense. It's interesting how the company you keep can affect your own marriage even if you think you're immune to external influences like that. It can really rub off though!

I completely agree with this. Everytime we've been friends with couples that have horrible marriages it has put strain on us as a couple, i'm not exactly sure but we've dropped them. Now that we arent hanging around them, we look back and say "wow"

But the best advice i've received it also from my father who says "Once your married, it doesnt mean you can just let yourself go" I know that people love eachother regardless of how they look but seriously, some people just give up getting dressed or putting on a little mascara just because they are now married. Some people go as far as gaining tons of weight, physical attraction isnt everything but you shouldnt just let it all go. JMO and of course my daddys lol
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast