Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "Bringing up Marriage" Update.....please read!

1. what is meant to be will always find it's way :)
    what is meant to be will always find it's way :)

Duh "Bringing up Marriage" Update.....please read!

Advertisements
    well, ive never been one thats good at keeping things to myself, so last night before we were falling asleep i casually slipped in "Do your friends ever ask you if you can see yourself marrying me?" (my friend had earlier) and he said "Sure, why do you ask?" and i said "yea, mine do to" But then nothing else was being said! and here is where i think i went horribly WRONG...
    me: "well, what did you say?"
    him: "im not telling you!"
    me: "oh whatever dont you dare do that, tell me!"
    him: "No, i dont want to!"
    (continue this for a few more minutes)
    Him: "ok, if you tell me ill tell you"
    me:"uhhh, no! you tell me first"
    him:"ok nevermind im not elling you anymore, you had your chance!"
    me: pause..." ok fine... i said yes i could"
    him: "I said i wasnt going to tell you anymore!"
    me---argued a bit more with him
    him: "ALright fine i've told them that i am more happy and content in a commited relationship with you than anyone else ive ever been with and that ive made more sacrifices for you than anyone else either because our relationship means so much"
    me: "aw well thanks baby....(quiet)'
    hm: "and ok fine, i said yes i could see myself settling down with you in the future"
    me: (didnt say anything)
    him: Why would you ask me that question??

And from there it went downhill.....he got really angry that i "pressured" him into telling me what he said when he didnt want to tell me....and then started saying that he's a guy and therefore "Future stuff" makes him nervous and he's never thought about marriage with anyone else before and that he's thought about it but he doesnt understand why id have to know that, and that it makes him feel like im not content with how things are now! I could NOT believe it had snowballed into that kind of argument! it seriously went on for 45 minutes. We both ended up apologizing and its all ok now (we have a rule of never goin to bed angry) but still....Is it bad that he freaked out like that about that topic? I am not bringint that up ever again! Why are men so weird?!!
  2. Senior Member
    I have to say I found it very brave of you to bring it up to him bc i could never have the nerves asking a guy like that .On the other hand i have to say he might feel a bit overwhelmed and it came up totally unexpected to him .

"And when her lips met mine, I knew that I could live to be a hundred and visit every country in the world, but nothing would ever compare to that single moment when I first kissed the girl of my dreams and knew that my love would last forever."~ John Tyree
  3. Banned
    Banned
    My advice is relax and let the relationship run the course it's running. Guys get skittish very easily and questioning about this kind of thing prompts that kind of reaction. Patience, patience, patience.
  4. jacksonsvw83
    Quote Originally Posted by goldilockz View Post
    My advice is relax and let the relationship run the course it's running. Guys get skittish very easily and questioning about this kind of thing prompts that kind of reaction. Patience, patience, patience.

See bolded part - they're skittish like cats LOL Slinky little bastards haha

But seriously, sorry it turned into such a big clusterfudge. Time will tell how things will end up - if you love him just give him time to come around.
  5. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonsvw83 View Post
    See bolded part - they're skittish like cats LOL Slinky little bastards haha

But seriously, sorry it turned into such a big clusterfudge. Time will tell how things will end up - if you love him just give him time to come around.
    You turn on the marriage light and they scatter like little cockroaches
  6. Senior Member
    how old are you two now ? i know its not based on age though if he is in his late 20's he might consider comitement

"And when her lips met mine, I knew that I could live to be a hundred and visit every country in the world, but nothing would ever compare to that single moment when I first kissed the girl of my dreams and knew that my love would last forever."~ John Tyree
  7. what is meant to be will always find it's way :)
    what is meant to be will always find it's way :)
    Quote Originally Posted by lovely View Post
    how old are you two now ? i know its not based on age though if he is in his late 20's he might consider comitement
    yea we are both 26
  8. Senior Member
    i dont know your relationship though i wish you the best of luck and your wishes will come true in the end !

9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    i'm so sorry it didn't go as well as you would have hoped! hang in there chica!!! i'm sure he'll come around!!
  10. Senior Member
    Awww maybe my db is weird then? He normally says stuff like when we get married and other things of the like. I always thought talking of marriage was like this big no no with guys cuz it would scare them away....but not with db, he thinks im odd for ever thinking it was a weird topic. Hes 23 so i dont think it has anything to do with age, just their maturity maybe? Not saying your guy is immature just that he might not have gotten to the point where hes so open with things that way.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast