Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: I feel like a crappy girlfriend

1. Just Kate
    Just Kate

I feel like a crappy girlfriend

Advertisements
    I feel like I should miss James more than I do. Though he's only been gone for 2 weeks there are girls here who are going crazy without their SO for that long. I love the boy with all my heart and I have no doubts about our relationship or anything. I've only written 3 letters and they weren't long at all. I feel like I'm just not doing my job as a military girlfriend. I know this probably sounds really stupid...but I just had to get if off my chest I guess.

It might just be the whole he already lived 3 hours away already and I was used to not seeing him all the time and he never had service in his hicktown that I was used to not hearing from him for a few days. I don't know if hearing from his family to me is like hearing from him? I just feel like I should be missing him more...

Wifey to D........., RainbowBrite

2. Banned
    Banned
    Each person deals with distance differently. I am one of the high-strung, emotional girlfriends who gets needy and weepy. But not everyone is. I wish I had some of your calmness and patience.

You aren't broken!
  3. Lindsey.
    Lindsey.
    Aw

Don't worry honey it'll get worse. It's a sad thing to say but it's true. You're a great girlfriend and he's lucky to have you!
    There AreNo Words
  4. Just Kate
    Just Kate
    So, after talking to my friend Nate who knows DB and I fairly well, he made me realize that I do miss him, it just doesn't tear me up. Also says, I'm not a crappy girlfriend and boyfriend has it pretty easy with me haha

Wifey to D........., RainbowBrite

5. Yup I turned 30, and my clock ticks every now and again.
    Yup I turned 30, and my clock ticks every now and again.
    Quote Originally Posted by square bear View Post
    Aw

Don't worry honey it'll get worse. It's a sad thing to say but it's true. You're a great girlfriend and he's lucky to have you!

So true! I was fine the first 12 weeks, and it has just gootten progressively suckier from there. I am now on week 16 and am barely holding it together.

I thought I was broken too; it turns out I am not I just go the opposite direction from some of the other gals when it comes to missing him.

“Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.”
  6. lord help us all!
    lord help us all!
    i've been doing pretty good with dh being gone. and that is so not like me. i think we just try to ignore it, act like its not happening. it'll hit you eventually. don't feel bad