Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting Married Young

1. wait for august dreading october
    wait for august dreading october
    Blog Entries

Getting Married Young

Advertisements
    I am 21 and married. I was wondering how old everyone was when they got married and How difficult it has been/is for them
  2. Hot of the press: I am voting for Senator Obama!
    Hot of the press: I am voting for Senator Obama!
    24 and my DH is 23...

I always vowed to go for an older guy but Chris turned out to be my soul mate.

We have been going strong with no "serious" fights yet but I guess we are still in the "new" phase.
  3. wait for august dreading october
    wait for august dreading october
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RockosMaid View Post
    24 and my DH is 23...

I always vowed to go for an older guy but Chris turned out to be my soul mate.

We have been going strong with no "serious" fights yet but I guess we are still in the "new" phase.
    Us too we have only been married since March. We are both 21 and still getting used to living together. And i am still getting used to living on my own
  4. Senior Member
    I got married at 19
    wasn't hard at all
    I really enjoyed it.
  5. ♥ All You Need Is Love ♥
    ♥ All You Need Is Love ♥
    I got married at 19 and DH got married at 18. I'm almost 20 now and DH is 19.

So far so good! We've been apart longer than together, but our communication skills towards each other have improved sooo much. Aahh I love him

6. Senior Member
    I was 19 when my husband and I got married. He was 21. We've been married 3 years now. I think the hard time I've had with being married young is this past year when all of my single friends were graduating from college and doing all the fun single things. Other wise my husband and I get along great and have had very few problems. We function like old people. We also have a one year old so that changes things too.
  7. Regular Member
    We got married at 18. We've been married 3 years and 4 months Couldn't be happier!
  8. Senior Member
    I was 18 and hubby was 22 when we got married. Ups and downs are/were plenty as we pretty much grew up together. We are not the same people we were when we met (I was 15 and he was 19), but we have grown together. We both agree that we are even more in love now then back then. It has been 10 years, three kids, five deployments... and we are more in love now than ever before.
    I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.
    Oscar Wilde
  9. Determined
    Determined
    I got married at 18 also. Was together 6 years and married 4. We are divorced now. I still wouldn't say it was hard though. Me and him had a great relationship had it not been him being super jealous. I tried to get through it but at the point in which he found it "OK" to accuse me of his mothers 80 year old (not exaggerating) boyfriend and his 11 year old cousin, I knew I just couldn't live like that forever.
  10. Senior Member
    I think whatever works for the people involved is all that matters. The only person that can truly say they were too young to get married, are the people getting married. (If you ask me. )

My husband was 25, and I was 23 when we got married.
Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast