Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help!!!

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Confused Help!!!

Advertisements
    I've been visiting my husband in Germany for 2 months since we got married. I am having to leave in a couple days. I have been wracking my brain for something really neat to make for him before I have to go. You know something he can take back to the barracks that reminds him of me. The catch is I have NO money.

If you ladies have any ideas that can help me out I would greatly appriciate them.
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

A few years ago, it was winter and we were stranded somewhere away from home and DH made me a stuffed octopus out of an old jacket liner for christmas. it is still the best present I've ever received.

There are lots of things you can do...just look around at what materials you have. If you have a few dollars, you can take a photo of you guys and blow it up or print it on a pillowcase...iron-on transfer paper for the computer printer is relatively cheap...
  3. Banned
    Banned
    If nothing else, you could write some sweet notes and put them together in a scrapbook type project.

I have taken post-it notes, written a bunch of reasons I love him on them, and randomly stuffed them into his books, notebooks, clothes etc.
  4. Senior Member
    i hide little notes in db's stuff so he'll just happen upon them when i'm gone
  5. Mommy-To-Be
    Mommy-To-Be
    I bought a pillowcase, slept on it with wet hair and sprayed perfume on it and then wrote the lyrics to mine and db's song on it and he LOVED IT.... so he can smell me and sleep with a part of me everynight..
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    These are all great ideas ladies, please keep them coming. You guys are the best.
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Still need help please
  8. wait for august dreading october
    wait for august dreading october
    Blog Entries
    What i did while DH was in Baisc was kept a journal and then decorated it. If you have a few bucks go get a cheap journal and write your favorite memories in it and draw little doodles that go with the stories. Thats what I did except i wrote about what was going on so he didn't feel like he was missing anything. He loved it. I also decorated the cover with stickers
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    So this is what I did for my hubby:

It's a pillow. I would have written on the pillowcase, but it was black so I couldn't. I had NO MONEY so I improvised.

Front:

Back:

Now the funny part. I was supposed to go home today, but I got bumped off my flight because apparently Luftansa is having some sort of strike. So I'm here for a few more days.
  10. tiffany2727
    well i agree with the other ladies write some love notes and how much you love him and going to miss him so he can look at and read it everyday to remember you by
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast