Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grand Entrance Song?

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Question Grand Entrance Song?

Advertisements
    Ok so DB and I r planning our wedding (mainly me since he's in bct) and we are hoping for April 25, 2009 for the date. We have not worked out a lot of details cuz I can't get his opinion on anything! Well he wanted me to make a song list for our reception. . .well I have song possibilities for every dance and even just fun music but I am having trouble w/the grand entrance song! I want to enter to the Star Wars theme but DB wants to enter to either the Rocky Theme or Indiana Jones Theme. . .I started thinking about Opposites Attract by Paula Abdul but DB HATES 80's music! I am really stuck here. . .any ideas? Here is my possible songlist (hearts mean he okayd it):

Daddy/daughter: I Loved Her First by Heartland
    Mother/Son: The Man You've Become
    Cake Cutting: Love Is Never Ending by Brad Paisley
    Wedding Party Dance: Boot Scoot and Boogie OR Friends Theme
    Dollar Dance: I Hope You Dance
    In-Law Dance: My Wish by Rascal Flatts
    Garter Removal/toss: i'm Still a Guy by Brad Paisley
    Boquet Toss: Someday My Prince Will Come OR This One's For The Girls
  2. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hornbacksgirl View Post
    Ok so DB and I r planning our wedding (mainly me since he's in bct) and we are hoping for April 25, 2009 for the date. We have not worked out a lot of details cuz I can't get his opinion on anything! Well he wanted me to make a song list for our reception. . .well I have song possibilities for every dance and even just fun music but I am having trouble w/the grand entrance song! I want to enter to the Star Wars theme but DB wants to enter to either the Rocky Theme or Indiana Jones Theme. . .I started thinking about Opposites Attract by Paula Abdul but DB HATES 80's music! I am really stuck here. . .any ideas? Here is my possible songlist (hearts mean he okayd it):

Daddy/daughter: I Loved Her First by Heartland
    Mother/Son: The Man You've Become
    Cake Cutting: Love Is Never Ending by Brad Paisley
    Wedding Party Dance: Boot Scoot and Boogie OR Friends Theme
    Dollar Dance: I Hope You Dance
    In-Law Dance: My Wish by Rascal Flatts
    Garter Removal/toss: i'm Still a Guy by Brad Paisley
    Boquet Toss: Someday My Prince Will Come OR This One's For The Girls

well for me i always wanted ozzy osbornes crazy train when i walk into my reception its a fun song!
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed

As UBER cheesy as it may sound---what about We've only just begun by the Carpenters??? Thats perfect
  4. Senior Member

i know this is irrelevant but what is a dollar dance??? and this is probably a stupid question but is the in-law dance like the bride with her new father in law and the groom with his new mother in law? or what? haha sorry this wedding stuff fascinates me...and sorry i really have no suggestions for your question but at least i'm bumping
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    If you want something dramatic and unusual for your grand entrance, try Into Zanarkand from Final Fantasy X. If he's a gamer, you will get extra-special nerd-sex for suggesting it!
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

We always planned on doing a big wedding, since we just did a sort of JOP deal, but we aren't now...but I was going to mostly use all Chrono Trigger music

Really...some of it is pretty, and it's another one that will get you the nerd sex
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    A Dollar Dance is where people pay to dance w/the Bride and Groom and is started by the Best Man and Maid of Honor. The money is traditionally used for their honeymoon but I am going to talk to DB about donating ours to The American Heart Association since I had a heart murmer (he it repaired) and he has a functional heart murmur. Is this a good idea?

In-law dance: Yes it is where I dance w/ my FIL and DB w/my mom. We thought it was a good idea.
  8. Regular Member
    lol. I can't remember what we came in with!

We had "Everything" by lifehouse for our first dance and I had the same father daughter dance, and I dedicated "you cant lose me" by faith hill to my mom because she was really having a hard time with me leaving.
  9. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    my friend had the wedding party enter to the theme of rocky...and it was awesome...another friend did that song....Lets get ready to rumble...and that was super fun because the groomsmen carried the bridesmaids in on their back!
  10. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherNichole View Post
    my friend had the wedding party enter to the theme of rocky...and it was awesome...another friend did that song....Lets get ready to rumble...and that was super fun because the groomsmen carried the bridesmaids in on their back!
    Aw thats cute.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast