Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: I need some advice...

1. Forget the Past. Forget the Pain.
    Forget the Past. Forget the Pain.
    Blog Entries

I need some advice...

Advertisements
    I've posted in venting and in the parting ways forums recently. Here's the links for reference:

http://forum.militarysos.com/showthread.php?t=195136

http://forum.militarysos.com/showthread.php?t=195155

Anyway...I guess I need some advice on how to handle this. Part of me wants to try to work this out because I was and still am in love with him, but part of me wants to just be done because I can't take how he treats me anymore. I want to have faith that if I gave him another chance that he could change. Any advice, either way is very appreciated.
  2. Senior Member
    Based on just those two posts, I say get the hell rid of him. It might not be easy, but you need someone who will treat you like the beautiful wonderful person you are...and I'm sorry to say, but IMO that's just not him.

Especially the stuff he said in regards to your family... no. You deserve so much better .
  3. Senior Member
    I don't know. That has to be up to you. Remember though if your not happy then it won't work out. Things could get better but you never know. I would say to really think about it. If you want to work it out then you need to talk to him and tell him how you feel and what you are wanting from him.
  4. Senior Member
    Sounds like things have been rough for a while- and though deployments aren't easy- he's certainly not making it any easier.

He seems very selfish to me- like he cares about what HE wants and what HE likes and that he will always go after taking care of HIM. This could be the mind set he's put himself in to survive deployment- or this could be him. Was he like this before he deployed? Has there always been a problem with doing things you wanted to do or things that mattered to you?

in the end, don't compromise what YOU want. you CAN and WILL find a man who will go ice skating just because YOU like it, and will go ANYwhere with your family JUST because it matters to YOU.

It's not an easy decision- but don't settle sweety.
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fell4aSoldier View Post
    Sounds like things have been rough for a while- and though deployments aren't easy- he's certainly not making it any easier.

He seems very selfish to me- like he cares about what HE wants and what HE likes and that he will always go after taking care of HIM. This could be the mind set he's put himself in to survive deployment- or this could be him. Was he like this before he deployed? Has there always been a problem with doing things you wanted to do or things that mattered to you?

in the end, don't compromise what YOU want. you CAN and WILL find a man who will go ice skating just because YOU like it, and will go ANYwhere with your family JUST because it matters to YOU.

DONT SETTLE! You deserve someone who cares about your opinions and who listens to you. good luck with this tough decision.
  6. Forget the Past. Forget the Pain.
    Forget the Past. Forget the Pain.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fell4aSoldier View Post

We got along perfectly before he deployed and the first few months of the deployment, that makes me wonder what the problem really is because he wasn't like this before he left. That makes me want to keep trying, but at the same time, I'm just so hurt by it all, I'm worried that he'll continually make promises of change, but things will go on the same.