Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Is this okay?

1. The Future "Pothead"
    The Future "Pothead"
    Blog Entries

Help Is this okay?

Advertisements
    About a year ago I met a guy on a dating site and we became close but never pursued anything romantic (because I didn't want to). He ended up frustrating me to the point where we stopped speaking because he would point out my personal faults and be TOTALLY right.

ANYWAY, I'd also like to point out that I'm head over heels for DB and incredibly happy with him. I'm serious about him and us and I think our relationship has real long term possibilities. As much as I miss him I still love him more than even my ex fiance.

So, last night this guy starts talking to me again. Absolutely NOTHING inappropriate or romantic or anything, just friendly talking as it ALWAYS was. He's a really cool guy and great to talk to and we were good friends before. I told him pretty early into the conversation that I'm dating DB and how much he means to me.

So, I don't really feel like talking to him is wrong. He gives me a lot of insight into myself and my behavior (he's a psychologist).

So, ladies, do you think it's okay that I'm talking to him? Should I tell DB? This guy and I have never been ANYTHING romantic to one another, but for some reason I feel like this could be misconstrued by DB mainly just because we originally met on a dating site. Although, most of my best friends are guys so he's used to me being around a ton of dudes.

Any thoughts?

2. rachelelizabeth
    With my DB, if he has a bad feeling about some guy... he's usually right. So I'm always honest about who I talk to because I value his opinion. I'd say that there are plenty of other psychologists to talk to and if your DB doesn't feel right about it... it's not worth risking the relationship.
  3. The Future "Pothead"
    The Future "Pothead"
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rachelelizabeth View Post
    With my DB, if he has a bad feeling about some guy... he's usually right. So I'm always honest about who I talk to because I value his opinion. I'd say that there are plenty of other psychologists to talk to and if your DB doesn't feel right about it... it's not worth risking the relationship.
    He has no issue with it, he's never met the guy. I don't know why he would, I'm just being a worry wart. My best friend frequently calls me and drunkenly confesses his undying love for me and he's fine with that.

4. rachelelizabeth
    Quote Originally Posted by Reefersgirl0402 View Post
    He has no issue with it, he's never met the guy. I don't know why he would, I'm just being a worry wart. My best friend frequently calls me and drunkenly confesses his undying love for me and he's fine with that.
    Haha, okay then it shouldn't be a problem.
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    as long as your just friends there isnt a problem!