Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: hmm did i do the right thing!?!

1. Senior Member

Whatever hmm did i do the right thing!?!

Advertisements
    okay so heres the story...

Once Kyle got to A school, finally got a computer, he made a facebook. Every since then this girl that he knew from high school, used to be friends with wrote on his wall saying...

June 6th
    "KYYYYLE
    I MISSSSSSSSSSSS YOUUU
    COMING TO GEORGIA SOOON SO YOU SHOULD MEEEEET UP WITH ME!
    =)"

then she proceeded to comment again on June 28th
    "yo yo yo
    misss ya kid!"

and Kyle just ignores her, i mean shit, he hasn't hung out with her or talked to her since i've been dating him and thats for the past almost 9 months...so out of nowhere since he has a facebook she is all up on him...

She calls him multiple times, he ignores them. She texts him "i miss you"...i'm sure many times...i've only physically seen one of them because i was actually down in Florida visiting kyle when she txted him.

Then she sends him a bumper sticker...for all of you that don't know what that is...its a facebook application where you can basically send typical bumper sticker that will appear on the users page. So she finds a bumper sticker that says...(gee guys just guess what it is)...."I miss your face"

Its getting ridiculous...and i didn't realize this BUT also while he was at boot camp..."some girl" which i remembered was actually her...sent him txt messages saying she missed him and wondered when he was coming home...

so i took the initiative and sent her a message on facebook...i had to ctrl-A and delete a lot of the messages b/c i was being too bitchy but i finally sent a final copy which reads:

"Carrie,

Hey this is Bethany, Kyles girlfriend. I don't want to be rude because I don't know you, but I would appreciate it if you could stop reminding my boyfriend you miss him on a weekly bases...

You facebook comment multiple times that you miss him...you call him multiple times....you even txt him saying you miss him, once when I was down visiting him and saw it for myself....and now you go out of your way to find a bumper sticker that says "I miss your face" so that you can send it to him...

I think its a little much, and i've tried to not care but it's gone a little far Carrie. All his other friends...and I miss him too, but shit I think you tell him you miss him more than I do! (not really, but you're getting there)

Feel free to message me back if you have anything to say. But I think we can both agree that you are taking this "I miss you" thing a little too far.

-Bethany"

just wondering if you think i should have sent the message or not....doesn't really matter because i already did, but how would you guys handle this....i mean for months shes been telling him she misses him...its getting really old... and i think she should know shes passed the limit...

anyways, thanks for reading...

bethany

2. Banned
    Banned
    There has been a rash of like... weird internet shit involving MySpace and Facebook happening on here. I have both and nothing like this happens with DB and I.

I think your message was fine, but she knows she got a rise out of you.
  3. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    I think your message to her was nice enough...it would bother me alot as well...I mean Db has a friend who posts on his myspace wall every once in awhile saying she misses him....BUT I know her and she isn't excessive...

Oh and because I know that this has to suck really bad to have to see that stuff....
  4. Senior Member
    doesn't sound bitchy to me personally. reads cordial, like hey back off. which is totally understandable.

My Sweetheart

Quote Originally Posted by LoveKiss View Post
    Would you please not tempt the deployment gods?! They are vindictive and cruel.
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by I Heart My LT View Post
    There has been a rash of like... weird internet shit involving MySpace and Facebook happening on here. I have both and nothing like this happens with DB and I.

I think your message was fine, but she knows she got a rise out of you.
    ahhhh good point. didn't think of that. your right - she knows she got a rise out of you.
    so what. it didn't come across bitchy.

My Sweetheart

6. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

I would have left it to him to tell her himself not to do it, but that's just me.

7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sandykay View Post
    I would have left it to him to tell her himself not to do it, but that's just me.
    good suggestion. next time bethany tell your man he needs to address it himself. let him do his own dirty work. lol

My Sweetheart

8. My Life is My Own Again! YAY!!
    My Life is My Own Again! YAY!!
    NoVA/He's on a boat right now, but stationed in Japan
    It would have been better if the message came from your DB.

I personally wouldn't have contacted her. But, standing up for yourself is always a good thing. Hope it works out!
  9. I'm Cristina!
    I'm Cristina!
    I would tell you to have him do it next time but I would be a hypocrit...Something like this happened to me but only there was a twist to it. But anyways...I just wanted to comment and say that it didn't sound out of line.
  10. Banned
    Banned
    I wanna know what she says back!?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast