Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: I'm such a girl!

1. Finally Mrs. Nyman
    Finally Mrs. Nyman
    Me: WIU in Macomb, IL / Him: Jacksonville, FL
    Blog Entries

Love I'm such a girl!

Advertisements
    So my DB and I have been together for about 3 1/2ish years. Our relationship has not been perfect by any means, but he's still the only one I could ever imagine myself with. We talk about getting married but I still have 1 1/2 years of school left. He's graduating from boot camp in a couple weeks which I am oober excited about! He told me before he left that he wanted to propose before he left but he couldn't afford a ring yet. He absolutely refuses to propose without a ring because he doesn't think it's right, which I totally understand and respect. I would never want him to do anything I didn't want to do.

But I'm at the point where I just DON'T CARE ANYMORE! I just want to be with him!! I want to be engaged, get married, and be with him for the rest of my life! I don't even care that I'm not done with school either. I'd like to just get married and finish school wherever he gets stationed. (which will be Pensacola, FL for A school, and we don't know how long he will be there) I want this so much but I can't tell him. I don't want to put anymore stress on him or make him feel pressured to propose. I'm just tired of being separated from him, why not be together if we can? I feel like I need to let him know how I'm feeling but how do I do that without putting pressure on him? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
    Last edited by Waiting for him; 07-16-2008 at 10:10 AM. Reason: new title

My heart goes wherever the Navy takes you
  2. Missing him dearly
    Missing him dearly
    whoa..weird, I'm in the EXACT position you are. Dating, going on 4 years, I'll be a junior in college, he's at boot camp. We were actually going to get eloped before he left but decided against it at the last minute. I know exactly how you feel about just wanting to do it, to get married, so you don't have to be away. But the more and more I've thought about, the smarter it is to just get through these last few years of school and then tie the knot. We love each other, but i've got to think about my future too, and what's best for us both. All I keep reminding myself is, we're going to be together forever, so what's a few more years of dating. After you get your degree your lives will be a lot easier with planning for the future and finances and all that stuff! Sorry probably not what you wanted to hear, and I don't like it either, but think of yourself too!!