Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I bought the ring.

1. Not even the Army can shatter my spirit.
    Not even the Army can shatter my spirit.
    Blog Entries

Jump for Joy I bought the ring.

Advertisements
    I confused some of you ladies that voted in my earlier threads. I set up a poll asking if I should buy him an engagement ring for his bday or a digital frame.

So here's the scoop. Yes, he bought my ring. Yes, he has plans to pop the question. No way, I'm not going to rain on his parade at all! I'm letting him ask. I've been dreaming of that day! *After* I say yes () I'll wait a little while and then...

Here it is!

This will be his engagement ring. I'm not sure how I'll ask him yet. I have to do something really casual, like ask him to join me for a walk in the park that I always go to. While he was deployed and every so often now that he's home, I'll go on a hunt to find all of my favorite love quotes. I'm trying to think of some way that I can use quotes to tell him what he means to me. He loves Romeo & Juliet, he loves music, he loves poetry, he loves the fact that I even mentioned to him (a couple months back) that I've thought about asking him to marry me. He's going to love this. Something in my head just kept telling me to do this. So I'm going to! I have about 10-14 days to come up with an idea of how to ask...if you ladies have ideas, I'm open to them!

Thank you for your input earlier for those of you that voted and shared your ops!

Oh and for those of you curious how this engagement ring idea will work out, I think what he'll choose to do is wear his engagement ring until the wedding day. The morning of our wedding, he'll switch it to his right hand so that his wedding band can go on his left. For those of you also curious about that, I decided on this wedding band but am waiting to get it until I get the rest of my Amended tax return money. Here's a link to it:

(Peppermintrei: I know its Titanium. He INSISTS on titanium )
    The Wedding Band!
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    thats a beautiful ring!

3. who will drive my soul?
    who will drive my soul?
    I LOVE it!
    www.acoan.scentsy.us
    www.andreacoan.blogspot.com
  4. BJo
    Banned
    Banned
    That looks exactly like DH's band! Good choice!
  5. ftgordongirl
    awww cute tori....that ring almost looks like my DF...i bought it 2 months ago. he also WANTED titanium lol
  6. Senior Member
    Gorgeous !!! So have you picked you wedding outfit yet ? Anything in your mind ?

"And when her lips met mine, I knew that I could live to be a hundred and visit every country in the world, but nothing would ever compare to that single moment when I first kissed the girl of my dreams and knew that my love would last forever."~ John Tyree
  7. Senior Member
    I love it! The silver and black combo always looks good. I think its really sweet that you're going to ask him. Anytime someone talks about their fiancee wearning an engagement ring I think about Cory and Topanga (and if it makes me a complete dork for knowing that their is a Boy Meets World episode where they fight about Cory wearing an engagement ring, then I'm ok with that)

8. Senior Member
    great rings! let us know how the proposal(s) go
  9. Not even the Army can shatter my spirit.
    Blog Entries
    Lovely! You're funny! Nope, haven't picked it out because I'm waiting until he asks me to ask my parents for funding. I literally have $200 to my name of my own personal money. That will not buy me a dress and a wedding unfortunately.
  10. Not even the Army can shatter my spirit.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
    I love it! The silver and black combo always looks good. I think its really sweet that you're going to ask him. Anytime someone talks about their fiancee wearning an engagement ring I think about Cory and Topanga (and if it makes me a complete dork for knowing that their is a Boy Meets World episode where they fight about Cory wearing an engagement ring, then I'm ok with that)
    We used to go watch live tapings of that show when I was in Girl Scouts. Its how we raised some of our funds to go to Europe. I love that show!!

Thanks ladies!! I'm so nervous but SO excited. He really is going to love this.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast