Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Feeling badly about ring(s)

1. Not even the Army can shatter my spirit.
    Not even the Army can shatter my spirit.
    Blog Entries

Confused Feeling badly about ring(s)

Advertisements
    This sounds terrible but if you ladies can share your experiences too, that would be great.

DB bought my engagement ring. It's being sent from the States so I'm in that "oh my goodness, the question is coming" state. I'm ecstatic!!! I just feel bad because he's like, "I don't know if you'll think the diamonds are big and pretty enough." And he says, "i don't know if you'll like it..."

That makes me sad because I got sick of searching for my "perfect" ring. I just liked so many of them and I kept sending him these options that were completely different from one another. I told him, "I give up, you pick." That's what he did. But when he says things like that, I can't help but think "oh no, what if I don't like it?!" Then again, I tell myself that I think I will love it.

I can't afford much more than $200 for his wedding band because I'm jobless at the moment. And I feel terrible about that too! It shouldn't matter how much it costs! But I can't get the thought out of my head that $200 is too cheap. I just want to get him something I know he'll like, and just be happy that I was able to get him something. Hell, I was even thinking of getting him an engagement band and a wedding band. He'd be pleasantly shocked if I presented him with an engagement ring of his own. I know he'd think that is really cool...but I want my engagement ring first.

Share your ring stories/woes/etc...
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    It's not about the price of the ring or the size of the diamonds! And I really mean that. It's about what the ring represents. I think a lot of guys are nervous about picking out engagement rings, and I'm sure you will love whatever he got you. My engagement ring is a diamond that has been passed down in my husband's family since his great-grandmother. He was afraid I wouldn't want a "used" ring, and insisted on getting me another one but I wouldn't let him. I LOOOOVE my ring more than anything he could have bought me in the store.

For $200 you should be able to find a great wedding band! Men's wedding rings aren't too expensive.

In the upcoming months of wedding planning you're going to have enough to stress about; don't add this to the list!
  3. Senior Member
    I paid under $200 for DHs band. He doesn't care, he got exactly what he wanted!
    Needs work.
  4. Regular Member
    I dont have an engagement ring. My best friend for her first marriage bought her own engagement and both hers and her ex-husbands wedding bands from her own money.

I wouldn't feel so bad if it's not one that you liked. He probably spent alot of time trying to pick out something he thought you would like. It's the thought behind it that really matters. That he loves you enough to spend the rest of his life with you, to spend all that time picking out a ring should be the key ingredient in this.

Who knows, it may be one of the ones that you picked!

As far as his ring goes, he's a guy. Not many guys are really that worried about how their wedding band looks. If he is, I'm sure you have enough time between now and your wedding to save enough money to buy the one he would like

DF and I chose Tungsten for our rings because they're less expensive, more durable than gold, platinum or any other metal. Plus they're unique We're even skipping the engraving because of how hard this metal is, the regular scratch engraving would break the engravers tools and anyone who is certified to engrave tungsten charges buttloads of money.

Either way, know that he loves you and did his best in picking something from his heart that he thought you would like

~*~ Every long lost dream led me to where you are. Others who broke my heart they were like Northern stars *~*

~*~Pointing me on my way into your loving arms. This much I know is true that God blessed the broken road that led me straight to you~*~
  5. autumnh
    I paid under $200 for DF's band! You should be able to find a great one! Goodluck sweetie and congrats!!
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    DH had already in his head to propose to me when we first met. He had bought a ring at the PX right before he flew to California. Ofcourse he didn't propose yet because he wanted to feel us out. And then we had gone to Zales to look at wedding and engagement rings and I was telling him what I like if I ever get proposed.(I had no idea he was planning to ask me to marry him after 3 months of knowing each other online) Anyways he realize that he had gotten the wrong type of ring so he had to postphone the proposal and went back later to get another ring from Zales. After the proposal, he told me about the first ring and when I saw it I told him I would have love it anyways because it was from him eventhough it was not my knd of ring...It comes from the heart when you accept the proposal and the ring can always be changed, but the fact that he chose you to share his life is far better than anything in this world..well next to having a child together...kwim
  7. Not even the Army can shatter my spirit.
    Not even the Army can shatter my spirit.
    Blog Entries
    I know exactly what all of you ladies mean. He keeps saying he wished he saved my promise ring as my wedding ring/engagement ring because the design is so close to my custom design I did when my ex was trying to get me to marry him (without a ring or ceremony no less). I told him no, that this is my promise ring and will always be that in my eyes. It doesn't matter that I don't like prong setting for the accent diamonds and that I prefer pave...so I hope that I will feel that way about my engagement ring too. Besides, I think I'm just lucky that he wants to marry me. The fact that he has said "what if you don't like it" on more than a couple of occasions had me starting to care about whether or not I do like it...

I just want him to hurry and ask!! I know he'll have that ring in hand by the end of this week...and those of you that guessed 4th of July might be the proposal day.. I told you that he works...well he has the day off. So, you never know! I totally just thread-jacked my own distress thread.
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Lol...good luck Torie...
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    David has said the same things to me! He and my mom went shopping for my ring and he got soooooooooooo stressed. He kept telling me, "I want you to be blown away. This ring represents are love and it has to be perfect. I want you to love it." Sooo sweet of him! I kept telling him that I know I'm going to love what he got and it will be perfect, just to trust his instincts.

He bought a ring but I don't have it yet and I'm dying with anticipation. Hopefully soon!

Both of us will love our rings and just be super stoked. The anticipation before we get it can be nerve-racking though!
  10. .
    You could get him a titanium ring. They arent very expensive but extremely durable.

http://www.titaniumrings.com/

This is where I got my husbands ring. They do engraving if you want it, the customer service is fantastic if you have any questions. I love the quality and DH hates rings but when I gave him this one he loved it. I have recommended this site to other girls on here too.
    It doesnt matter how much anything costs or how big it matters that it came from the heart.

REMEMBER OPSEC AND PERSEC WHEN POSTING!!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast