Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wedding Colors!?!?!

1. Senior Member

Help Wedding Colors!?!?!

Advertisements
    I really need some help

I am trying to figure out wedding colors. I have no clue. I am trying to pick them out but I dont know what looks good together and what doesnt. I really loved the dark purple/sage green but DF's sister just did that so its not an option.

I really love pinks and purples but I have been told I shouldnt just do that, I need one of them to be a boy color. lol Really I just dont know. I need some help, I am totally open for suggestions that dont include pink or purple, if those just arent good.

I found this website
    http://www.blissweddingsmarket.com/s...e-notebook.htm and I kind of like the lilac and deep blue. But I just showed it to my friend and she said they are ugly together LOL..

Please help me! Suggestions please!
  2. Senior Member
    i did purples, whites, and silver/black for the guys...it was beautiful!

"The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" ~ Psalm 27:1
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaStrong View Post
    at first I was like , then I was like when I saw how messed up the page it looked so then I was like *click*, *enter*, *click*, *enter*,
  3. Senior Member
    oh yeah, and do what you want, not what other people say is good...it's YOUR wedding!!!!!!!

"The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" ~ Psalm 27:1
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaStrong View Post
    at first I was like , then I was like when I saw how messed up the page it looked so then I was like *click*, *enter*, *click*, *enter*,
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    are the guys wearing their Class A's or tuxes? if they were the greens, the I would say go with a dark forsty color(and shade, just a dark one) or a baby color. either would work well but avoid the bright luminescent colors with the greens
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsDarland View Post
    are the guys wearing their Class A's or tuxes? if they were the greens, the I would say go with a dark forsty color(and shade, just a dark one) or a baby color. either would work well but avoid the bright luminescent colors with the greens
    Only df is wearing his Class A's
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I did lavendar and silver and DF just swore his dress blues and it was still fine. I am personally a fan of one bright or dark color and one more muted color (I considered silver to be my muted color). I picked the colors because my dress had flowers on it of those colors. If I hadn't gotten that dress I probably would have gone with some kind of blue and cream. I really just like one color with a neutral. I think you'll have to just put colors together to see what appeals to you. I don't think you need a manly color. I bet if you ask your fiance he won't even care. And if he does have an opinion, then seriously consider it.
  7. Banned
    Banned
    What time of the year wil it be??
  8. Senior Member
    I don't think you need a "guy" color. My colors were periwinkle and a silvery gray. Looked beautiful together... The girls dressed were periwinkle and the guys had black tuxes with silvery gray pieces.... If you want, you could always use your DH's uniform color for the guys vests and ties.... Like a forest green with another earthy color... Like choclate, black....or just put the girls in forest green to match his class A's, and the guys in black tuxes.... That would probably be how I would go if you wanted them to all match, but not...

Thank you, BrentsCrystal! You are amazing!
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    To heck with a guy color... my best friend did fushia, and a lavender color. the guys got their choice, either buck up and wear pink, and crush the brides feelings, or wear silver. they all wore pink.

10. Senior Member
    I think the dresses and colors on this page would look beautiful with class A's.

EDIT: Oops, forgot the link! http://www.davidsbridal.com/bridesma...or.jsp?cfid=47

Thank you, BrentsCrystal! You are amazing!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast