Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Wedding during 30 day leave?

1. Banned
    Banned

Bang Head Wedding during 30 day leave?

Advertisements
    If this isn't the right forum for this kind of question, I apologize in advance.
    So, I have a few questions if you lovely ladies (or gentlemen?) don't mind helping me with them...
    1. Does the Navy in fact allow new sailors 30 days of leave after they finish skill training after basic?
    2. If so, would the higher-ups allow a new sailor to get married during this time?
    Those are the questions I have for now... any info/advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

UPDATE!
    So, DB wants to get married during his leave after skill training. Now, I wouldn't mind this, but he wants a big, planned-out wedding with a venue, a reception, 50-100 guests, the works. Here's the problem I have: I will not know for sure when he will be finished with skill training... that means that I can't get the invitations sent out in a timely manner or reserve the date at the venue.

So, in other words, HELP PLEASE!
    Last edited by Chardale; 06-24-2008 at 02:39 PM.
  2. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    no they don't get 30 days. you can however get married if he so choses when he is home on leave.
    Usually after school/basic you get at least 2 weeks. you usually have not earned enough leave so you go in the hole if you chose to take leave after BCT.
    I have known people to get married on liberty weekend after BCT. there is no more higher ups need to approve stuff anymore. they just want to make sure that he informs them that he got married so all proper paper/benefits are able to be assigned.

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

3. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rosebud* View Post
    no they don't get 30 days. you can however get married if he so choses when he is home on leave.
    Usually after school/basic you get at least 2 weeks. you usually have not earned enough leave so you go in the hole if you chose to take leave after BCT.
    I have known people to get married on liberty weekend after BCT. there is no more higher ups need to approve stuff anymore. they just want to make sure that he informs them that he got married so all proper paper/benefits are able to be assigned.
    Okay! Thanks for the info!!
  4. I'm 'The Cake Lady"
    I'm 'The Cake Lady"
    Blog Entries
    I don't have any help on the 30day leave thing or not...but I know that DH got married when he was on 14 days leave, and he didn't have to have any permission from the NAVY, but he had to inform them when we got back to his duty station that he got married and such.
  5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Ditto like what was said above! DH got 2 weeks of leave after BCT & a 3 week school at NTC. We got married then!
  6. Banned
    Banned