Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ring finger???????

1. Banned
    Banned

Ring finger???????

Advertisements
    If someone has a ring on their ring finger how "fancy" does it have to be for you to assume it is an engagement ring?

I was looking at rings yesterday and the sales person was such an ass. My friends kept joking around about how Mike is so lucky because I am the only girl who doesn't care about anything important ie I don't care if it is lab created and I don't want a diamond. The sales guy was like well nobody is going to know she is engaged if she keeps looking at birthday present rings. I just thought that was rude and I thought I'd see what everyone else thought.
  2. lord help us all!
    lord help us all!
    its about what you want, not what someone esle wants. so eff everyone else...get what you want!
  3. Mmhmm.
    Mmhmm.
    he was just trying to get an upsale, little did he know he was BEING A JACKASS.

he probably thought little of you, from the sounds of it. It's okay, he works at a jewelers and to me thats the worst job!

I know ppl that get f'in tattoos instead of rings. who cares
  4. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    it shouldn't matter what the ring looks like or costs....its a symbol of your commitment to each other...get what YOU want!!!
  5. Senior Member

what an asshole!! i agree with the others, it should be about what YOU want
  6. Senior Member

oh, and i had a little ring i just thought was cute on my ring finger for a while, i bought it for myself and it was 8 dollars, and i got asked several times by customers at work if it was an engagement ring
  7. He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    I don't think it matters.. G took me shopping for my engagement ring and I didn't pick out anything tradtional.. I picked out one that was considered a "right hand" ring..

Well, I'm what I am and I'm what I'm not
    and I'm sure happy with what Iíve got
    I live to love and laugh alot
    and thatís all I need

8. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ali1005 View Post
    oh, and i had a little ring i just thought was cute on my ring finger for a while, i bought it for myself and it was 8 dollars, and i got asked several times by customers at work if it was an engagement ring
    See that's what I thought. I mean if I was the kind of girl who wore a ring on every finger I would get why it would lose it's value but if I only have one ring on and it's on my left ring finger...i'd assume people would know it's purpose.
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I always thought it was the finger that did the symbolizing........ though I will admit Im more likely to think engagement with a diamond ring, but wedding if it is colored...... Probably because so many high schoolers wear them just because its sometimes questionable if its real or just for show KWIM?

And just a side note, I dont think there is anything wrong with the tattoo rings either, thats what DH is planning on doing before he leaves to Iraq so that he still has something because he most liekly will not be wearing his ring, its dangerous beccause it wont cut of easily if his hand gets caught or something
  10. Damn, it feels good to be a gangsta
    Damn, it feels good to be a gangsta
    if it's on the correct finger & it's not plastic, i assume it's an engagement ring
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast