Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: For those that met online

1. Member

Question For those that met online

Advertisements
    What date do you use as your anniversary date? Did you wait until you met in person and use that date? We met online in Nov 07, talked online about being exclusive together in Jan and then met in May for the first time. We would have met earlier, but I was out of the country and then he deployed. Just curious....can you use a date even though you hadn't met in person yet?
  2. BLT= Brandon Loves Tiffany
    BLT= Brandon Loves Tiffany
    im not in this situation but i did do the internet dating thing once. we just used the date we considered it official. didnt wait till we met
  3. Loving my soldier since '96
    Loving my soldier since '96
    Sure why not. What do you and db consider that special date and go by that.
    (Disclaimer: The following information is coming from a Army wife who doesn't actually know any specifics 100%. Often told to her by husband or other wise ones. Though, they all will admit that at times they dont know the specifics neither. The information received should be considered unstable and possibly flammable. Do not disseminate. )
  4. Pregnant with Baby #2
    Pregnant with Baby #2
    We use our first date, like the first in person date that we had. But I say use whatever date is special to you guys!!
    This is my shrine to Bryanna... she rocks!!
  5. Miss Puerto Rico
    Miss Puerto Rico
    When we were dating we met in person 1st then after about a month is when we 1st kissed after seeing each other every weekend. We started counting as dating from that 1st kiss not the moment we started talking or going to the movies cause at that point I only saw him as a friend.
  6. Senior Member
    We actually use the date we met online as our "anniversary" - we haven't met in person yet. And I ended things after a few months (total misunderstanding) and then we got back together after 5 months, so it's kind of hard to pin-point a "date".
    "For I know the plans I have for you says the Lord. They are plans for good and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope". Jeremiah 29:11

7. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

ha ha. good question. we use both. first time we chatted & first time we met (which was also the day he came home from deployment).
  8. Member
    Thanks for the advice ladies. It's tough to pinpoint a date. He says after a week he was trying to make me his girlfriend and was just waiting until I agreed lol. Before he deployed we talked on the phone everyday and hours online. Then he deployed and I missed all that terribly. He's infantry so I usually hear from him sporadically, though he's been great with communication. I sent him an e-mail once about not hearing from him for while and sorry if that sounded very gf like. He replied as much as you deny it you're pretty much my girlfriend. I guess I just never thought one could have such strong feelings before meeting.
    Last edited by Makenna; 06-15-2008 at 02:39 PM.
  9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rcwant2be View Post
    ha ha. good question. we use both. first time we chatted & first time we met (which was also the day he came home from deployment).

Yeah I like the idea of using both!
  10. Mommy of 2 Boys!
    Mommy of 2 Boys!
    When we were dating, we used the day we met in person. It wasn't far off from the day we met online though...lol. We met online and 2 weeks later we met in person.

We don't really use that date anymore though since we've been married for 4 years now.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast